I want an overall design/branding framework that can be applied across multiple product formats, but first and specifically for the package and product described in the design brief.
Initial product format:
• Glass jar 2.75” diameter x 4” tall
• Label may go on front, top of lid or straddle both but should allow high degrees of
frontal product visibility
• Lid may be embossed with design element if worth the cost
We really like the way the attached jar labels straddle the top and front of the product
-Given the small size, front label should put a premium on legibility and clarity. Elements should be:
a. “PURE JOY BAKE SHOP” logo with no elephant
b. “Chocolate Raspberry” flavor
c. “Cake Jar” (under the flavor, different font)
d. “Net weight 5.2 oz.”
e. Optional: “Layers of rich cake and cream cheese frosting.”
- Spot color should be used on the front panel to differentiate among flavors in the line – could as background, border, font color etc. For this exercise we prefer Pantone 207. Pattern such as that below can also be used as an accent.
- Labels will be printed on white (not Kraft) stock, may use premium stock, metallic ink or matte laminate/varnish to convey a premium brand “look” that can cross categories.
- We would like to make a final decision by applying label mock-ups to glass, so a printable file will be helpful, and of course watermarks are fine.