Having been banned for some years, lead hunting ammunition in Norway is now legal again and we are pleased to reintroduce our traditional shotgun cartridge series «Nitedal». This is a product that used to be highly appreciated by Norwegian hunters. We strongly believe that it will become a success when we relaunch the products on the Norwegian market.
For long we believed that we should introduce all the products with the same old layout as a pure retro product. However, having most of the details in place, there have been some suggestions that we should consider to redefine the appearance of the product. - Renewing whilst retaining the associations to the old packages/products. It is important for us that customers still recognize the product. Simultaneously the product should evoke feelings of nostalgia and tradition as well as appealing to new customers from future generations of hunters.
We would like to have the following points represented by the new design(s):
- Preserving some of the old/similar color schemes.
- Removal of «made in Norway», as they are not manufactured in Norway anymore.
- The products should emerge as a comprehensive range of products (with various applications)
- Boxes and content (cartridges) should be cohesive (belong together)
- One of the boxes should be an "authentic" retro version (the 10pcs Nitedals Spesial)
We would like the design of a total of four new boxes for two different amounts of cartridges.
The Product Range is as Follows:
1 x 25 pcs Box "Nitedals Rype"
1 x 10 pcs Box "Nitedals Spesial"
1 x 10 pcs Box "Nitedals Ekspress"
1 x 10 pcs Box "Nitedals Spesial" (Retro version)
Dimensions for the boxes:
10-pack = 103mm x 22mm x 123mm
25-pack = 105mm x 62mm x 103,5mm
Our manufacturer stock cartridges for several other brands and has therefore a design template for the boxes. These design templates are attached in this project. Hopefully, there will be a launch of even more cartridges in 2016. Thus, for the winner/right designer there will be possibilities for even more 1 to 1 business in the future.
Links to our main competitors’ product catalogues in this product range:
Since we are talking about old products we do not have any logo or other digitalized material. Looking forward to get that now.
Attached you will find the following files for creation and inspiration:
- .PDF templates for both the 10 and 25 packs.
- Pictures of old posters from the 80-90s with the product line.
(The Nikkel Ekspress is not a product to be continued)
- 1.4S Explosives sign (must be at least (10mmx10mm)
- Warning message and instructions of use in Norwgian as a Word Document. The text in red should not be placed on the boxes.
- Important! Example on Stamp placement (the boxes will get a stamp on top with size and caliber during the production). I will update the project as soon as I have the stamp placement for the 10pcs box.
We look forward to see a lot of beautiful designs and hopefully this will be the most successful hunt for us this year (and we hunt a lot).
Best regards on behalf of the Norma Team,