Just a few months ago we introduced Zendock to the world on Kickstarter. It was a huge success – the project was fully funded after just 3 days and after 30, it ended with nearly $107,000 in pre-orders. Now is your chance to get involved.
We are here to find the VERY best designer to create packaging for our high-end Macbook Docks. You should also know - when we find good people that work well with our team, we stick with them. We’ve had great working relationships that have lasted for years already from designers that we met right here on 99designs.
Step 1: Check out our website at http://www.zenboxx.com and also our Kickstarter page at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects…ur-macbook to learn a bit more about our project.
If you’re not quite in to the product, move on to another design contest – because we demand PASSION! If you like what we are doing and think you could contribute, read on below.
Step 2: Take a quick read over our Kickstarter updates, checkout our first update video, and decide if like us. [Kickstarter updates here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects…sts?page=3 ]
For us - this 99designs contest is not just about getting a single design. It’s about finding a great designer that we can work with for many things to come (of course - we do still want to end up with a incredible design at the end of this contest). If we seem like a good fit for your style – move on to step 3.
Step 3: Show us some concepts that will blow us away. We love creativity, simplicity, and elegance in design. We need our packaging to align with our product values. Opening the packaging should be an experience within itself and get the consumers excited about receiving our product.
Read on for our general specs below:
- Clean, Simple, Beautiful design
- Should be very creative (We'll leave that part to you!) and cutting edge
- Check out our Pinterest board for inspiration: http://pinterest.com/zenboxx/clean-…packaging/
- **UPDATE** Originally we said the box needed to be about 10 in x 6 in x 3 but if you have an alternative design that will fit our product, it’s up to your discretion. I've attached a JPEG below with the dimensions of the products. As you can see, the Zendock Air is significantly small, so feel free to make that box smaller if you like. Also, the box size/shape is up to you and your creativity. Use the examples below for some ideas of types of boxes we like.
- High-end creative Box with insides & inserts (prefer not to use foam and here’s an example: http://www.thedieline.com/blog/2012…3/pax.html ). We’d like design details for the inside box elements as well.
- Must submit editable .ai files after winning the contest. We prefer using vector software but, high-res photoshop (atleast 300dpi) will be accepted (please make sure to also include all original images in case we make adjustments).
- We have 4 models of Zendock (Zendock Pro, Zendock Retina, Zendock Air (magsafe 1 edition), Zendock Air (magsafe 2 edition) so we need to make each image/name for macbook a little different so consumers don't have to struggle to find which version they are picking up. Not sure if we want to do a color or find some way of differentiating. Another inspirational example is Surface (http://pinterest.com/pin/308285536962837853/). In this case their outer wrap is solid and is cut at an angle so that inner box (which peaks through) differentiates the model.
-Needs to contain information for retail shelves - catchy slogan, info about what the product is/does.
- Image or diagram that easily displays what the product is/does
Ideas We Might Like To Include:
- A Hello. when you open the box and a hidden thank you text under the product (http://pinterest.com/pin/308285536962837844). Since we launched this on Kickstarter, our initial production run will be shipped to our backers and we want to show our support to them - but also have packaging that will fit well for general/retail use.
- A diagram or info-graphic to illustrate product use
Simple verbiage with an Apple feel. Creative but cutting edge. Check out our website for product descriptions: http://www.zenboxx.com
Download our press kit at http://zenboxx.com/contact.html - it has all of our high res images and logos. If there is an idea that you have and need additional images, we are happy to work with them and take any pictures or angles that you need to make that idea come to life. Just let us know.
One Important Note on copying / blind vs unblind projects:
We want to keep the contest unblind so that our Kickstarter backers can help participate, BUT – we will NOT tolerate copying other submitted designs. We are looking for a great designer above all that we can work with for many things to come, so it will not help you win the contest in anyway if you just copy other designers.
Okay, ready.. set.. GO!