We have a business called Moceanic. We are a new company. Our Founder has extensive experience and a strong reputation in his field - Fundraising, Charities & Nonprofits
The purpose of our business is to help charities and fundraisers get more knowledge / education to help them raise more funds. Highly respected in field.
We do this through online education – courses & webinars – and e-consulting services.
Organisation name Moceanic
Newly established although 20+ years experience in fundraising and consulting.
Description of the organisation and its target audience
About our audience
• Hundreds of thousands of charity fundraisers with a thirst learn more to do their important work.
• People who aren’t necessarily that great at technology, so we want to make accessing free content, taking online courses or purchasing online consulting super easy and hassle-free for them.
• Half of our audience lives in North America, 30 percent in Australia, NZ or UK, and the remaining 20% English-speaking people in Europe. Future growth will in include people in Latin America, Asia and Africa.
• Fifty per cent are likely to be volunteers
• Likely to be progressives, believing in equality, human rights, egalitarianism
• Two-thirds to thee-quarters of our audience are female
• All have the common aim of making the world a better place, but they need to learn more about fundraising so they can raise more money for their cause.
We have a website currently seantriner.com. Over the next couple of months we will develop a website for Moceanic. The purpose of our work, our website and digital / social channels is to help people who work for charities and other organisations to raise more funds to help their beneficiary.
The number one objective of the website and our social / digital comms is to sign people up to do our online webinars and courses.
Moceanic is all about helping people with fundraising, comms and management for good causes. It will deliver courses and consulting, online, from some of the best brains in the business to people in every corner of the globe.
We are fundraising educators – brilliant ones! We also provide our target audience with the opportunity to learn more through our blogs, videos, eDMs.
People can also learn more about and engage us for fundraising consulting via our website and social media.
What we did last year
Last year we ran some successful paid for webinars. It ended up being an online course. And we’ve had good success selling webinars without really doing anything other than providing great content and good marketing.
• Website was (and still is for now) http://www.seantriner.com and http://www.betterworldcomms.com/
• Infusionsoft for email marketing (we were using constant contact + lead pages for a while). We work with a great marketing company for this stuff now but last year it was a bit DIY on Constant Contact.
• Go to Meeting for webinar delivery (our course was delivered via a series of 6 webinars over 3 months. Each webinar repeated 3 times in three different time zones on the same day)
• Youtube for video content (links to private Youtube videos that people could watch later if they didn’t attend, or buy later)
• 3272 email subscribers
• 251 sales last year
Where we are going this year
In 2017 we are taking it to a whole new level. Our business features three main areas
• free and useful content – we are experts and we love to share knowledge, and our sector is thirsty for it! Woohoo!
• Online courses and webinars – we are aiming to have 100-150 brilliant online courses/webinars by year five of the business, featuring the key experts from our sector (some paid for courses/webinars, some free)
• Online consulting – some of our experts will offer paid-for consulting packages. This will provide for the early growth of our business and will drive content for our online courses, until our online courses are profitable themselves.
We are focused on developing very high quality, interesting, easy-to-do content (free & paid-for) that will help people at a practical level to change the world + some inspirational or aspirational content also to motivate and excite them.