UPDATE 11:00am EST 11/11/17 (message sent to all designer):
Thank you all for your efforts so far! Finalists were selected based on a preliminary poll, my opinion, and effort (multiple revisions etc).
I want to apologize in advance for not having a clear idea of what I want however I am hoping that your creative input will guide me. A few notes for the final round, and please keep in mind everything below is a guide; you are all design pros and I am not!
* Ideally (not necessary) a maximum of three colors
* Design must work for an app icon, website, social media etc. Thus design likely should be compact and versatile. If providing a combination mark or emblem logo please provide a condensed version that is consistent. This could just be the text removed.
* I read about "design systems" such as "Google Doodles" and the "Hillary Clinton Logo". Perhaps this approach works, or there's a way for modification for each sport?
* I like the simple or modernist lettermark or wordmark approaches, however it needs to be memorable
* Skiing, snowboarding, kitesurfing, and surfing will be dominant sports to begin. They are all adrenaline sports. Design should likely reflect this and be bold and confident
* I "think" I want the tag "letsrip" incorporated but it's not necessary
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions. Thank you!
UPDATE 11:30PM EST 11/6/17 - Lots of great designs so far and I like the creativity. I'd encourage new designs to try something simpler such as "RT" or "RT" with an "A" superimposed, or something based around just the name "RipAtrip". The more creative versions will be considered too, however for diversity I'd love to see some as described above. Thank you!
The app and website help users find optimal destinations for their sport/activity. The name of the company is "RipAtrip" . Some of the primary sport/activities: kitesurfing/kiteboarding, skiing, snowboarding, surfing, and yoga. Secondary sports/activities are snowkiting, rock-climbing, wakeboarding, health retreats, white water rafting, and mountain biking. The logo should inspire a sense of OUTDOOR ADVENTURE and fonts should likely be more rugged than playful
*IMPORTANT - The logo can not be sport or activity specific. The app and platform are for 15+ sport/activities that are broadly categorized into four groups: wind, water, snow, and mind/body. Thus a mountain or wave alone, or an icon of one sport, likely will not be sufficient. it likely has to have either zero elements of nature (mountain, wave, sun, etc) or sports (skier, surfer) , or have multiple included (2 -5). A single element or activity will likely not work in communicating that this is a broad adventure travel platform.
**IMPORTANT - The name is "RIP A TRIP" or "RipAtrip". The A is important and can't be overshadowed. The word "rip" is slang implying a great experience. A slang sentence would be "We ripped it up!" The idea is that you will "rip" your next "trip".