Something that says 'eating from home' or home cooked meals - that you can search for in your local neighbourhood and purchase. Very open to suggestions - I can send through the RFP for my website if that would help give more background to the feeling of the website?
Design Brief Update
Ok so I've thought long and hard what I'm after and I got a lot of good ideas from the contest and selected some great designers for the final round - who were chosen on their design, but also on their potential and ability - looking at their past designs. So I've come up with a few ideas that might help challenge you into something that works. If not we can just develop the designs you've already submitted.
Across the top banner of the webpage:
1. There are hills at both ends that come down to a valley in the middle, and here in the valley sits the word Ordervous and possibly the logo. You can make the hills whatever colours you think, add a few flowers if you like or some agricultural land. Maybe a little house with a chimney. I was thinking Van Gogh.
2. All kinds of food/utensils/cooking workspace as the background and a white plate in the middle with the word Ordervous on the plate with the logo or the logo can be somewhere else.
3. across the top, like in an Indian/moroccan marketplace, all little stalls with people selling different foods, but each little stall has a roof like a little house (different kinds of roofs). there might be 3 or 4 house stalls with people standing behind their food on the left and 3 or 4 on the right. In the middle space there will be nothing except the word Ordevous (maybe the logo above it). So the market stall/houses will be either side of the word. you can even try to have a little person walking past just at the end of the word.
4. Italian skyline (daytime or early evening), lots of little apartment buildings all different heights with clothes lines between the buildings (could have food hanging instead of clothes). Maybe a few people cooking in the windows, with smells coming out. Then 3/4 across on the right-hand side, it levels out and there is a rooftop with an empty little table and a few chairs, the table is set and above the table is Ordervous with the logo.
The scenes sound complex, but they can be as basic or as detailed as you like.
Alternatively, you can develop the strengths and alternatives to the styles you've already presented.
Some more notes on what I liked from the contest:
- I liked playing with the word Ordervous, for example, having the Order and vous different. Either using colour, or boldness or having one word on top of the other or made to be different in some way.
- I think the orange, black and white worked well, so did the shaded grays/blacks & white with the turqiose blue/greens, also the blue-greens with orange and black was good also.
- have some kind of object in the word also worked well.
- there were many different fonts I liked, although some of the more elegant cursive type was hard to distinguish all the letters in the word and people might get confused what the website is called. I did prefer a hint of cursive, but also the different straight fonts worked just as well also. Just a note not to get too extreme with the cursive fonts.
- But I'd like the object to be welcoming, warm and intelligent, not gimmicky or silly.
- I preferred the longer flatter logos rather than the rounder taller ones as it is going on the top banner of a website.