"An ocean is but a multitude of drops."
We are looking for a fresh, inspiring, and artistic t-shirt design that will feature the above quote on the front, and our company logo on the back, as shown in the file attached below. The design may feature artwork that somehow integrates or incorporates the quote itself, or the design may be exclusively font-based - without any artwork.
Because of the ocean reference in this quote, we recommend that designers incorporate BLUE and WHITE into their designs.
We believe that this quote lends itself particularly well to HAND-DRAWN FONTS, but we are open to all kinds of creative suggestions. Ideally, if your design incorporates imagery of some kind, it would center around the following: Water, Ocean, Drops
Please do not limit yourselves to our suggestions. If you have other ideas, please feel free to submit them.
Clean, minimalist designs are also welcome.
This t-shirt will be part of our Fall/Winter collection. It will be sold on our online shop, and also at select retailers in North America. All of our t-shirts are produced, using a non-toxic, water-based printing process.
(Please read through to the end before submitting your work. Thanks!)
1. The primary themes of the design should be: Courage, Determination, Imagination, Cooperation, Collaboration. The secondary themes of the design should be: Nature.
2. We are committed to creating t-shirts that have a soft-hand feel and texture. To ensure this kind of texture, designers are asked to choose fonts that will not exceed approx. 4mm in thickness when printed onto a man's t-shirt. As a general rule, please try to work with thinner fonts.
3. IMPORTANT: Please do not use LEFT or RIGHT ALIGNMENT for the text. These kinds of t-shirts look great on a hanger, but don't wear well on many people.
4. All colors, styles, and typography are welcome, but we ask that designers restrict their palette to a maximum of 4 colors. Please remember that if your design incorporates light colors and you have a dark t-shirt in mind, we may have to print two layers of the light color to achieve the desired effect – in which case, 1 color will count as 2. Please bear in mind as well that white and black in your design will be considered colors for printing purposes. IF POSSIBLE, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DESIGNING ON BLACK T-SHIRTS.
5. Please include PMS Numbers when submitting your design.
6. Imprint area should be a maximum of 17 inches wide x 20 inches high.
7. The design may cover the chest and midsection, but should not spill over onto the sleeves and seams, and should not wrap around the torso.
8. This t-shirt will be available in unisex sizes from small to x-large so it is important that the design be easily adaptable to different sized printing plates.
9. Although the quote itself must be visible on the front of the shirt, it need not necessarily be front and center. It may be subtly integrated or highly visible, depending on the designer’s vision for the t-shirt.
11. Quotation marks need not necessarily accompany the quote itself. We leave this to the designer’s discretion as well.
12. Designers are asked to be as original and creative as possible, and not to reproduce the kinds of designs that are currently represented on our website.
13. We are looking for a design that will appeal to men and women of different ages (21 to 55 years) - and that will appeal specifically to thoughtful, progressively-minded individuals who care about the earth and its inhabitants.
14. Our company logo should be featured on the back, as shown in the file attached below. The color of the logo should be adapted to enhance or match the design on the front of the t-shirt - but should be in ONE color only. Otherwise, the color, shape, dimensions, size, etc. of the logo should not be manipulated in any way.
15. Designers are asked to mock-up their designs on the American Apparel templates that are included below. When submitting your design, please present it on a Men or Women's T-Shirt Template.
16. The winning design will be required to provide PSD or Ai files so that we can make final adjustments prior to printing. Ai files are preferred.
17. T-shirt designs must be thoughtful, original, evocative, compassionate, and intelligent – and infused with the designer’s vision.
Thank you for participating! We look forward to welcoming your designs.