We are looking to have someone design a flaship t shirt for our company The Survivalist Dad. We have a high level vision of what it will look like, and are looking for a designer who can bring life to this vision and create a shirt that:
- works well with the mission of our company (see below)
- causes strangers to stop dads who are wearing our shirt in public and ask, "hey, where'd you get that shirt?"
Our idea for the shirt is to show a dad carrying a kid in a kid backpack while hiking to a backdrop of mountains. Pretty simple but we think if well designed it can act as a flagship for our brand. We've attached a very crude sketch of this, along with a shirt that provides one example of what we think is a cool design style for this (it should not be taken as the only direction we want though.)
Here is some more information on the company:
- we will be selling products for young dads with young kids that are fun, cool, have a sense of humor
- funny t shirts or a line of 'fierce' bath toys are examples of these products
- we want to embody the idea that you can still be adventurous, fun, and lead an exciting life when you become a dad.
So we're looking for a designer to help us capture the essence of this brand through this flagship shirt
- a clean design, more simple than complex
- something that really stands out
- something that uses 4 or fewer colors
- something that will print well on a t shirt
We do NOT want:
- photos or photorealistic
- overly busy