!!!UPDATE FOR CONTEST EXTENSION!!!
Over the past week, we've received numerous excellent designs and very excited about the submissions and revisions we've received. We're extending the contest in order to narrow the submission focus on a number of ideas and lyric quotes which we would really like to see represented. We will be awarding 4 to 6 designs so do not consider this extension a rejection of any current submissions.
New quote focus:
Please submit designs against the following quotes:
"put away the wrenches, the economy is organic"
"I want plans by the many, not by the few"
“the top down approach is a fatal conceit”
"give us a chance so we can discover, the most valuable ways to serve one another" (possibly divided across front and back)
In order to help support ongoing EconStories video production, we are preparing to launch a branded merchandise store at EconStories.tv. We are looking for original designs for a branded T-shirt which draws on the content of our two hit videos, "Fear the Boom and Bust" and "Fight of the Century".
We are looking for stylish, striking design that's bold but not overbearing. This should be a t-shirt that people want to wear. (No econ-equivolents of three wolves howling at the moon!)
• The design must incorporate the EconStories logo (attached).
• PLEASE include an image of your design placed on a t-shirt image for size and placement reference. Feel free to use the included T-shirt Reference.png file (and erase the EconStories.tv). You can also provide your own reference file.
• Drawing on popular lyrics from the songs is recommended. A beautiful type treatment could stand alone. Examples include:
• No photographic imagery or video frame grabs. Keep your color palette simple and high contrast for readability. T-Shirts will be screen-printed so please render gradients has half-tone.
• If your design incorporates Keynes and Hayek, please reference the real men, not images of our actors, Billy and Adam. Our goal is to encourage discovery of the ideas.
• Likenesses of Keynes and/or Hayek must be original illustrations that are not a direct trace/copy of any existing image of the real men. References are provided for both Keynes and Hayek.
“Fear the Boom and Bust”
“Fight of the Century: Keynes vs. Hayek”
“Prepare to Get Schooled in My Austrian Perspective”
"We're all Keynesians Now"
"Like I said, in the long run we're all dead"
“wars only destroy.”
"Blame low interest rates"
"Blame the animal spirits"
“the economy’s not a class you can master in college”