This will be a T-shirt design for the surfing lifestyle, with a bit of tongue in cheek humor.
If you are not familiar with surfing, the term "DING" is a hole, crack, tear, broken, fractured, or generally a screwed up surf board. Ding repair is a business that repairs "dinged" surfboards.
1. There will be a series of shirts that are specific to each beach "community". Surfers are a local, almost tribal about the spot where they commonly surf, therefore the design has to allow for the insertion of a beach local. I.e, pipeline, sunset beach, huntington beach etc.
2. The "theme" is ding repair each with a specific "local flavor". By this I mean using the above "locations" the shirt would read -
Huntington Beach Ding Repair, or Sunset Beach Ding Repair. I envision a circle with the "Location" at the top of the circle, i.e. Sunset Beach, or Huntington Beach etc. At the bottom of the circle all designs should have
"dingrepair.com" . So in summary, the top of the logo, using a circle, but use anything you want, will show the location. The bottom common to all will have dingrepair.com
So each series of shirts will read like this -
(TOP)Sunset Beach (Bottom) Ding repair.com
The location i.e. Sunset Beach is not important, as we will drop in the location for each series as we go to print and discover which location is the most popular. However, each location will have an associated internet domain assigned to it. I.e. sunsetbeachdingrepair.com etc.
3. The most important factor to be integrated into each design will be our trademarked slogan
"your crack is my business".
4. Grunge seems to work in surf apparel. I prefer to stay away from skeletons, death, injury, emo etc. More of a pure, happy, funny light hearted humorous design. Waves, surf boards, sand, beach, tans, girls, sun, sunsets etc. all work.
5. The concept is to deliver the humor in "Your Crack Is My Business". I am not selling ding repair, just delivering a humorous message to the surfing community.
6. I prefer to keep the colors to 2, but if 4 colors makes the design work better, so be it.
7. This concept will be delivered on T-shirts, hoodies, stickers, anything surf related.
A sample well accepted design can be found here-
By no means do I mean to copy this design, but it does have most of the elements required. The surfboards marry the design to the surf lifestyle, and the design is clean and simple.