This is for DevOps Days Silicon Valley. DevOps Days is an event that brings 500 developers and operation engineers together to work on problems to build better software. This year the event is happening in the Computer History Museum (http://www.computerhistory.org/) and the theme for the event is, "Learn the past, build the future." We would like that theme either on the shirt or somehow reflected in the design.
These must be on the shirt:
- Gear brain logo (attached as logo_blue.eps). Note this is for DevOps Days Silicon Valley and not Austin as some of the uploaded files say Austin.
- DevOps Days Silicon Valley
- Learn the past, build the future
Ideas for what the shirt design could be:
- Something to do with the Babbage Engine > http://www.computerhistory.org/babbage/
- A PDP-1 inspired design > http://pdp-1.computerhistory.org/pd…e&s=4&ss=4 > maybe the theme and event somehow hidden inside the screen of a PDP-1
- Some other tie-in to a significant historical event/device/computer/software/protocol (http://www.computerhistory.org/exhibits/) like the first apple computer, archaic programming languages or something else revolutionary at the time
Our goal is to make a shirt that people want to wear again and that has some clever computer science tie-in to the event. We feel DevOps is an important movement that is going to revolutionize how software is built and delivered over the next decade. Lets make a shirt that really captures the significance in a fun way.