There are thousands of homeless people around San Francisco. Instead of the tech innovations that the Bay Area is known for, we would like to draw on the wisdom and resourcefulness of people wanting to make an impact on homelessness.
We are looking to crowdsource 5 (five) different T-shirts designs that develop new ways of addressing homelessness. Some examples of homelessness solutions or ways to support people experiencing homelessness include:
- Building shelters specifically for displaced families
- Building more affordable housing
- Universal basic income
- Increasing social connectedness (housing is necessary, but human connection is extremely important)
- Preventing homelessness in the first place (e.g. subsidized legal support for people facing eviction)
- Employment and work training programs
- Easier access to services (e.g. counselling, medical, education etc)
- Emergency hotel voucher schemes for people turned away from shelters
- Interim support services, for example mobile shower units https://lavamae.org/
The design can be as simple as adding text, using a photo or creating an illustration. It will be great to have some "crowd" innovation theme on the designs, as we are all about the power of the crowds.
The t-shirts will be used for Crowdsourcing Week Global Conference 2019 in San Francisco (https://crowdsourcingweek.com/csw-global-2019).