I want this t-shirt to be focused on one specific stigma that people fight.
Potential stigmas for this shirt:
- Seeing a therapist
- Social anxiety
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Many people have challenges or struggles that they fight alone and don’t share because of the associated stigma in society.
A t-shirt you can wear to show the world your true self and help raise awareness about the stigma. When people who know about the brand see someone wearing a shirt like this, they'll know this person is fighting a stigma. % of profits from the shirt go to supporting people with this stigma.
Young people who want to share who they really are with others and find love and acceptance for who they truly are. They want to be BRAVE and help fight stigma by sharing the stigma they deal with.
To remove the stigma associated with challenges that so many of us face alone. To help people who feel alone find community and support.
The idea is to help people who fight stigmas be "brave" and show that they fight stigma.
Playing off the "wear your heart on your sleeve" idea. Making this literal!
People who fight social stigmas around depression, seeing a therapist, bipolar disorder, body issues, PTSD, etc. can wear a shirt like this to show that they are fighting the stigma by sharing their true self with the world.
- The shirt should be about 1 specific stigma
- Maybe have one sleeve have a badge/logo/icon on it to signify the brand
- Then the other sleeve be something specific to the stigma
- Then something on the front that relates to the stigma (short phrase, or design)
- Maybe on the back somewhere put the URL for the website
I really like the designs / style of the shirts on these sites:
When we launch the brand, we will likely have 2 designs for each stigma featured on the site:
- Version #1: T-shirt for someone who personally faces the stigma and who wants to fight the stigma loud and proud. The shirt explicitly calls out the specific stigma this person is fighting.
- Version #2: T-shirt for someone who wants to fight the stigma but doesn't want to draw unwanted attention to themselves. Abstract approach, and maybe the production ready version will have a logo/icon on the inside of the sleeve, such that when they see someone wearing V1 of the shirt, they can twist the sleeve to show the inside logo as a sign of respect. Or something like that.
Feel free to submit designs for either version, as both are needed!
Version #1 should empower the person. Like putting on a uniform, or a sports jersey... they should feel like they are fighting the good fight.
- They are a member of our stigma fighting community
- They are leading the way for others to help change the world
- They should feel a sense of status / respect from others by wearing the shirt
- They are being BRAVE!