This will be a tee shirt that celebrates both Manny Machado, third basemen for the Baltimore Orioles professional baseball team, and the state of Maryland flag, Baltimore Orioles fans, and state of Maryland pride. If you have any questions please reach out to me.
On the front of the shirt across the chest area should be the phrase "MANNYLAND". Within the letters of the word "MANNYLAND" needs to be laid the image of the Maryland state flag. Underneath of the phrase MANNYLAND should be some combination of the attached baseball, baseball and bats, or general baseball logos and the number 13 in the numbered font that is included in the attachment.
Please take a look at the logo that I have uploaded and use this as a guide or reference point to start your design of the phrase and to understand the concept of of the state of Maryland flag in the background. Please note that this is an old logo that I had made last year which I don't like and is the reason I am launching this contest. It should only be used as a guide/reference/starting to help you understand and to make sure everyone understands the general concept.
The most important aspects of the shirt, and which will be the deciding factors that I look at when awarding the winning design, are the following:
1) Readability – the phrase MANNYLAND needs to be easily readable for the customer. Imagine if you were approaching somebody who was wearing the shirt, as you approach and you look at their shirt you instantly need to know that the phrase on the shirt says MANNYLAND. One helpful tip…be very aware of your spacing in between each letter in MANNYLAND and vary the spacing as necessary to help make sure that the phrase is easily readable to anyone who looks at the shirt.
2) Image of the Flag – just like with the readability of the word MANNYLAND, the Maryland state flag in the background of the wording needs to be easily recognizable. To use the example from above again, imagine if you were approaching somebody who was wearing the shirt, as you approach and you look at their shirt you instantly need to know that that is the state of Maryland flag in the wording of MANNYLAND. Use the state of Maryland flag that I have included in the attachment as a reference. It will most likely not work if you simply lay the image of the flag that I have included in the background of the phrase MANNYLAND. You will need to experiment with placing the flag or portions of the flag across various parts of the phrase MANNYLAND or maybe into each letter to display to people that it is clearly the state of Maryland flag within in the wording of MANNYLAND. Please see attachment for examples/reference points
3) Proportional – the last thing that I want is to have this great looking logo that people can instantly look at and see that it says MANNYLAND and also that it has the state of Maryland flag in the background of the wording, but that is so small across the chest that it doesn’t fit proportionally on the shirt. The logo needs to be big enough so that it is proportional to the rest of the shirt and covers the necessary space across the chest area of the shirt. Please see attachment for proportional examples/reference points
4) Blending – the design for MANNYLAND needs to blend together with and work seamlessly with the design of the baseball and number combination that will be below it. We can’t have two great looking designs that when put together on a shirt do not complement each other. The design of each needs to blend and flow together and in reality be one total design
5) Fonts – the red Maryland shirt example that is included below should be used as a guide/reference for the overall design/look that I want for the completed shirt, and similarly the font that is used in that shirt example should be a guide/reference for the font that you will want to use in the MANNYLAND text. Remember though the main points as described in point #1 and #2 above so I will be okay with whatever font that you want to use as long as it is easily readable. If I don’t like the font that you select I will simply tell you, but the font on the Maryland shirt example included in the attachment should be a good guide/reference/starting point for you. Please use the attached example of number fonts for the number 13.
6) Copyright C - somewhere in the design needs to be the copyright "c"/symbol.
Please review and consult the provided attached Word Doc and other attachments for further examples of images. Whoever is able to combine all of these aspects in the most appealing design will be the winner