The overall design:
The page lay-out itself should remain unchanged unless otherwise indicated; only the appearance should be revised. The column width should be preserved as well as the “overall structure of the different elements” (again unless otherwise indicated).
The objective is to get a look that is very Web 2.0 to give an impression of simplicity and fluidity in spite of the large amount of information, statistics and data which the tool provides.
Please present your proposal in the same style as the mock-up (mock-up of the site and detailed sections below)
Unfortunately the content is still in French but that should affect understanding, please contact us if you are in any doubt...
The sections which are crossed through should be copied exactly as they are, however you can suggest another set of colours for the graphs (the scale, captions etc should remain unchanged)
List of different elements :
Widgets : the widgets are the heart of the tool (ie all the right-hand column) it is important to redesign them completely.
Logo: USE THE NEW LOGO...
Page Selector: the page selector in “expanded” mode is detailed at the foot of the page; please give a shortened proposal within the page and an extended one at the foot of the page
Main Menu: everything can be modified; there will be 3 supplementary menus on completion
FB Connect: this can be moved (why not “above” the Main Menu bar?) , the sign-out “iconised”, the photo resized....
Menu: The menu for the heading chosen from the Main Menu. This is a two level menu, the first level cannot be selected, it is read only. Must be totally redesigned
Why not move it under the Main Menu by creating one or two supplementary levels, but under no circumstances use a drop-down (the way in which you handle this will be key to our choice). We would like everything to be flat...the main problem is the fact that there are three levels, but if you have any bright design ideas we’d love to hear them (please see the example in multimenu.jpg)
>>> In this case the central column would extend to the 2/3 of the space gained, the remaining 1/3 will be for the right-hand column
Date period select: Visible in two places at the top without the predefined periods ( 7 days, 30 days, Personalised) and in the right column . It would be better to have one single period selector. Why not in the blank space above the menu?
Page Title: The title of the page should be made prominent
Create new post/Com : Two buttons which open the window to write a new post or comment. Preferably their position should not change, unless you have any brilliant ideas.
Search Box: The field for the search engine which has the option to search the comments. The Search and Cancel buttons could be iconised or altered. This field could also be placed above the menu.
Unit Titles: Titles of units (graphic or other content)
Numerical Statistics: statistics in numerical form should all be presented in the same form: one main piece of data, 3 secondary pieces of data. Each with a title, a piece of date and either a second number or a percentage....this could maybe be improved upon?
Statistical Tables: presentation of the results in table form... this could maybe be improved upon?
- Two types ( as on Facebook), with and without a link -> the post style should have the feel of a Facebook Wall
- The main content is on a white background when it is read and on blue when it is unread -> We’re open to any ideas to differentiate between the two
- Below some statistical data
- Then the main numerical data (two other messages will be added: Important and Alarm, comments will become Coms and the word” unread”(non lu) will disappear)
- In the second column of the post: 1) its state with the 4 possible colours (green, blue, orange, red). 2) the list of icons (Unread, important, messages for discussions between administrators, logs, delete) -> the icons should not be changed, we would like some to be less visible than others when active and we think that maybe the colours could be changed.
- Detail: a button to access the messages linked to a post
As per “Posts”
- Comment filter: filter to enable selection of unread or important comments etc...
- Page number: display of number of pages for when there a large number of long replies
User management: Management of the list of users and their rights
Page management: Management of the list of Facebook Pages used with the application
Date Picker: the date picker which opens allowing selection of periods….really needs to be reworked…
Modal windows: The confirmation window, we are only asking that you consider tweaking the look of the window, the main text and the buttons “confirm” and “cancel”. The content does not need reformulating, it is just an example.
Page Selector Opened : ie the page selector in extended mode
Std Icons: the icons used (copyright purchased...) would it be possible to produce them in slightly higher definition on request...?