1. We need a home page designed with a logo in the header, nav bar (we are open to horizontal top or vertical left), small short footer, and color scheme. Just image files of the layout, no html code. The site will have the following in the nav: Home, About, Varietals, Pricing, Blog, and Directions. The home page should have a spot for a brief description of the property, and also a spot for recent news articles or blog postings. A spot dedicated for rotating pictures is also desired.
2. The site should mirror some of the colors of the natural landscape, like greens, bright orange to reddish colors and umbers. Earthy and rustic, calm, tranquil come to mind.
3. The brand name is Canyon Mist Vineyards, and we would like the logo to emphasize the letters CMV somehow. Eventually CMV by itself will serve as an abbreviated logo we can use on stationary and possibly wine bottles in the future.
4. No flash please.
5. We will handle the back end code, but need access to the source
graphics, preferably vector. The site may be WordPress based, but we are still looking into other CMS packages.
6. For overall style, rustic is the goal. Modern is ok too. Whimsical, goofy, funky, formal and stuffy are not desired.
We found these two sites that we like:
http://www.2lwinery.com/ (an example of OK modern style)
http://www.closduval.com/ (very close to the rustic feel we are looking for)