Cómo Restaurant 2 Night comenzó su viaje en diseño web
¿Cómo se te conoce?
Restaurant 2 Night
Cuéntanos a qué tipo de público quieres llegar
We are a restaurant portal that offers last minute discounts on the total bill. We have partnerships with a number of quality restaurants in Denmark.
The average age of you users is evenly spread from 35-50 years old and we are very focused on keeping the website simple and easy to browse.
¿Qué idea tienes, qué estilo te gusta para tu web page?
In general we are quite happy about the features and functionality of our website and our users seem to find it easy to browse. However, we feel that it is simply too "old school" and also we really want to create more of a feeling/experience when the user visits. If we can make the visitor feel like booking a restaurant visit (via nice photos etc), of course we will sell more experiences...
We have bought the font called "Reklame Script" which we are concidering for head lines of landing pages (but this is not a demand)
Descripciones de páginas
Front page: (http://www.r2n.dk/en/)
- We will keep the logo (the color can be changed if you find that crucial).
- We feel that the current website is lacking identity and completion!?
- We like that the users on the front page can see some of the best offers. Right now we show top lists for three different categories (Best reviewed, Best discount and newest restaurants).
- We think that the users needs to be introduced to what we do (the concept). Right now we have the concept video, before that we had a slide show (you can see this on our “sister website” http://www.r2n.cz).
- We like modern designs with a strong personal touch.
- We have users of many ages, but also a lot of older users.
Restaurant profile: (example: http://www.r2n.dk/en/restauranter/r…al-diwan):
- Focus on the offer and reviews (reviews are almost more important)
- Quality and style should be the feeling the user gets
- We dont always have pictures in high resolution so the pictures should not have to be super large (but it could be a feature of an extended profile)
Lo que debe evitarse
Please avoid flash elements.
Please note that our users should not feel like they are on the wrong website when they experience the new design. it should still be quite easy for our "regulars" to find their way around.
Regarding our prior design setup (the file I uploaded "alette_design") here is our evaluation:
-the choice of colors – warm and red/green for buttons
-that it has a lot of personality
-that the login is in the top of the screen on a bar/streamer that runs through the whole screen.
-the way the search box is placed right below the logo and next to the top menu
-the countdown design (it shows when booking can be made) but we don’t like where it is placed
-the “Reklame Script” font that is used for the headline of the slide show (we have bought this)
We do NOT like:
- It’s a mess – way too much information in one place
- Too many unique elements in the same place making it hard to grasp
- Usability test failed hard! Users could not find their way around.
Hemos encontrado algunos concursos similares que podrían interesarte