We have been busy building the rankings engine and basic functionality of this site, now it is up to you to make it look good!
Take a look at the attached images, which correspond with the 5 different pages below (note there is a desktop and mobile version for each one).
1. Homepage - we want the main page to consist of a number of buttons or 'tabs' that will function as shortcuts to user playlists, or global charts. These can be customised by the user to suit their needs.
2. Menu - This menu is a drop-down overlay, that directs users to playlists or the various global chart options. Feel free to play with the layout, colours, even the menu options, if you think you can make it more user friendly.
3. Player & Queue - this is the core output of the site, displaying the currently playing video and the queue of videos beneath it. We believe that the current layout of having the player prominent on the screen and a horizontal queue underneath it is the best solution for desktop and mobile, but we are open to radical changes if you can make it work.
4. Playlist Menu - this is the playlist editing screen, which has a number of functions. From here a playlist can be edited, shared, deleted, cloned, or played. We want this screen to look a lot sharper, while keeping all of the same functions. The sharing functions also need to be prominent.
5. Search Results - this screen could look and function a lot better. Take inspiration from Grooveshark. We want to fit more results on screen, and display more data about the search results. Video thumbnails need to remain however. Also include the on-click options (the menu that appears after you click a search result).
Keep in mind that all pages above need to easily operate on desktop and mobile, which means fluids layouts and nice big buttons that are easy to press.