Screenshots referenced: http://img.ajent.com
== General Overview ==
* Overall: We are looking for a fresh, modern, design for our home page. Ajent is a site that people who spend a lot of time shopping and subscribing to things online will enjoy. There is a certain "fashion forward" element to it but in a gender agnostic way. The design should appeal to both females and males.
* Navigation: The links in the navigation at the very top help users move to different sections of the site. The main two sections of the site are the Email Landing page (current "Inbox") and the Social Landing page (current "Share"). From the Email Landing you navigate to the Email View page by clicking on your categories or vendors where the emails are housed. You can also navigate to your Subscriptions page to manage the various places you are receiving emails from (although should be de-emphasized versus the other links, maybe by making Share/Inbox a tab with Subscriptions being a link? Or maybe something else?). From the Social Landing page you navigate to the Social Posts where you can add and post favorite things you are buying or receiving online. We would like to see the two main sections of the site better delineated -"Inbox" and "Share" - and within those we would like it to be more clear how to navigate within those sections.
We currently utilize a sub-navigation on some pages. On the Email Landing page, for instance, we include a list of categories (with the idea being that it will allow a user to easily flip between the various category pages). Do you have ideas as to how to better display this sub-navigation (perhaps moving to the left) or making the design such that it is not necessary?
** We would like to see the "Invite a Friend" link better emphasized (icon or call out button?).
** Please include a sample hover design for all links, buttons, etc in your design.
== Home Page (aka Unauthenticated Landing Page) ==
* We would like something here that represents the spirit of Ajent that we describe below. Fashionable men and women will enjoy the site because they are who the problem we are addressing is most prevalent but there is also a very functional element to it for everyone. We are addressing a very common problem – in order to buy things or receive things online you need to give up your personal email address which results in unwanted and inundating email on a daily basis. We give you a new place to direct that type of mail traffic and a much more user friendly and enjoyable experience around it.
* See the sketch of the current landing. We would like the new look and feel of the site represented here along with a unique take on the graphic to use and how to best highlight and depict the "how does ajent work?" sketch which is quite helpful for the user. Everything, including logo, is up in the air so be design-forward and creative!
== Email Landing ==
* We are looking for a solution to allow users to see their various email subscriptions in various categories that have been determined upon sign-in to the site. We have an example layout for that in the screenshot, but are strongly encouraging any new thoughts. You can also see screenshot 2 for an alternative layout for the categories that someone else worked on. Procuring the vendor logos in an accurate and design –friendly fashion was difficult and that made this design tough. Be creative! We are revolutionizing the way people think about this type of "email". It is fun to check out daily deals and shopping sites, and so the way those sites communicate with us should be able to be digested in an aesthetically pleasing, fun way too!
* We would like to integrate the search and filter options somewhere into the design, but we don't want them to be a huge focal point.
* Right now, when you hover over a category name an Edit icon appears with a series of menu options. Make sure to include this somewhere in your design unless you can come up with a better way to ensure the edit capability still exists.
== Email View ==
* We are looking for an interface for people to view these emails in a more design-friendly, aesthetically pleasing fashion. These emails are largely image driven and therefore should be displayed in a way where you can more easily view and digest that content in a shorter period of time. See Evernote and Sparrow for some inspiration.
* The main things you do with these emails are:
** Delete All
** Share (this posts to your Social Feed)
** Set an alert to yourself
** Move to another category (for instance, if a receipt comes in and you want to create a Receipt category, you can do so on your Email Landing and then move it there in your Email View)
* We need to better highlight these options and make it easier for users to see and do what they want with the email.
* Also note that some of these buttons have a sub-menu with additional items, so make sure to include this in your design.
== Social Landing ==
* The goal of this page is to provide an interface to allow users to organize, remember, and check out their favorite places to visit and in many cases, "subscribe to", on the web. The common denominator with all of these sites is that you have to use an email address to make a purchase or sign up or log in. Hence why it makes sense to have a site where you can inbound those emails through a new @ajent email address AND share those favorite places with friends and strangers with common interests.
* Note that it’s possible for a user to have more than 3 category boxes on their social landing page. These additional boxes will appear below the 3 boxes shown in the screenshot (sort of like on the Email Landing screenshot).
* The user can select more than 5 favorites per category; the example screen shot here just has 5 for layout purposes. Right now there is a "more" option that appears so that the user can add additional favorites within their chosen categories. When you click the "More" button, the extra category options slide down and overlap the category below it. Feel free to experiment with alternatives to the "More" button. And please include one example in your design of a category with at least 9 items as an example of how it should look with a lot of category items. And if you choose to move forward with the "Move" button, please include a sample somewhere in your mockup.
* Part of the idea of making this social is that you can see what your friends are doing and subscribing to as well. The "what’s trending" feed is like a news feed of what your friends are making their favorites and you can click to view their Landing pages from there.
* We want to make sure there is an obvious connection between the Email Landing and the Social Landing page. We think this can be done by making the design somewhat parallel but please give thought to other ways to inextricably link the two.
* Right now, when you hover over a category name an Edit icon appears with a series of menu options. Make sure to include this somewhere in your design.
== Social Posts ==
* The goal of this page is to allow people to share their favorite emails (deals, purchases, etc) with a broader audience than email forwarding easily affords. Users can also free-form post great sites or products or deals they found on the internet (sort of like Pinterest but more of a catch-all...people could point you to their Pinterest from here).
* We would like you to include some placeholder posts in your design, where we can insert suggestions for our users. So please include a design for both placeholder and actual posts (see our screenshot).
* Please note the menu that pops up when you hover over "Settings". Make sure to include this sample menu somewhere in your mockup.