Page details can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/…XZhx0/edit
Before building out the entire FlyTrip site/product, I'd like to gauge interest with a landing/signup page.
The only real goal for this page is to collect email addresses from fly fishermen who are interested in participating in a beta for the product.
I will likely use: http://www.kickofflabs.com/ to power the page.
Design for the page should account for mobile first. Many signups will happen on iphones. Traditional web browsing is also important, but I'd like the design to start with mobile in mind. If it needs to be two pages to do this - I'm ok with that.
The page should include the following elements:
b) 2-3 navigation icons for things like Profile, Fly Fishing Guides, Places to Stay, River Conditions
2) A benefit oriented headline (I will test a number of different copy choices) - You can start with Create Photo Trip Logs On Your Phone
3) 3-4 supporting bullet points. Start with:
a) Go fishing. Take photos with your smart phone
b) Get a mapped summary of the fish you catch
c) Statistics on fish, tackle, and conditions
d) Share your trips with friends
3) A single, prominent, call to action: "Request access to our up coming beta test"
a) Email collection form
4) A series of 'research' questions that follow the email address. in the same module as the collection form. Some question examples:
a) Do you prefer fishing in salt water, rivers, or lakes? The user will see three images and click on the one that answers the question.
b) How often to you travel to fish?
c) How much do you typically spend on lodging?
5) A simple footer with copyright info, logo, address, phone number, email address
Everything, except the footer, MUST be above the fold.
Some additional thoughts:
1) This is a photo trip log - I like the idea of hi-res photography being part of the landing page design itself.
2) I like simple iconography to illustrate the concept. People don't read.
3) If you do an image search for fly fishing you'll get a feel for color and tone.