Take a look at our current site: http://www.krossover.com
The site tells our story. We still need to be able to convey all the information that is on the site (not necessarily all on the home page), but we need it to look a lot more elegant, and cutting edge. We don't like crazy cluttered, but we do want to be more visual.
We think going with a black theme would look good for us (look at the attachment for one of our print ad campaigns). The main sections of the home page should be:
1) Some sort of visually stimulating graphics
2) Ability to watch our demo video
3) Look at client testimonials
4) Tell the story of what our product does
5) Potentially a splash page before this home page (or maybe on it) that links Fans to Krossover Showcase (the fans social network we talked about) vs Krossover Sports Intelligence Platform (our B2B Product).
Don't try to replicate what our home page has now just with better graphics... we don't want it to look like this. In fact we want it to look completely different. Be creative, and think out of the box.
We want a revolutionary site, something that makes people go "Wow". Don't worry about using artwork that we would possible need to buy rights to, we can do that. Go all out, and design the greatest site you have ever designed!
We expect PSD files for the home page and some basic framework for the internal sub pages. If we like your work, we have A TON of other stuff we will need you to do, in addition to possibly being involved with the B2C product.