We are looking just for the home page at the moment, but may higher the winning designer later on to develop other pages on the website. The biggest and most important is obviously the front page. We currently have a life-like, fun, colorful front page with alot going on, however the code is horrible and the design is outdated.
Looking to modernize our brand image while retaining the same color variations, and theme.
Icons should be generated from the "Metro Studio" icon application from microsoft. I like the varying colors of the images you can generate for each circumstance. Using this application as the base for the website icons will help to keep the look even across all the pages. Feel free to go wild on different colors to make the website look vibrant.
I want to build the new website from an aethstetically pleasing standpoint, but also it should be designed to convert as many people as possible.
Front page should have
1. Rotating banner (see wirefuse site below) For the banner I'd like to have 2, one with the existing "summer fun" image with the kids playing at the beach, and another that is more corporate/professional that uses the existing banner headlines but has the embedded youtube video you can find on the wordpress landing page.
2. Section that has 5 stars and says "Join over 80,000 websites who host with us!" Then have the ratepoint.com seal next to it
3. Have 4 boxes beneath that show our Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Hosting. Should have a unique icon/color for each service and a list of key features and the price along with a "Learn More" button
4. Ideally we want to be able to convert visitors on the front page. It should be a scrollable page with image animations. Beneath the section with the 5 stars, there could be a circle that asks the user to click if they are transferring or if they are making a new website. Then depending on what they click it will show different features for each type.
5. On the pacifichost.com/wordpress-hosting/ you can see a rotating application that shows different customer reviews, this should be there and beneath it the "Hosting Awards" section as well with all the existing award banners we have on that landing page.
6. Make sure the phone number is still in the upper right hand corner along with the other links. No need for a live chat button. For the most part you can copy the existing content