DreamIt Ventures had a great first year and we are looking to redesign our web site. We are also looking to find some good web designers for our next group of high tech companies. We thought running a contest here would be a good way to do both.
Initially all I want is a good home page. From there I can work seperately with the designer who wins the contest to build a template or a few templates for additional pages.
You can see our current site at http://www.dreamitventures.com
We want the web site to attract companies looking for pre-seed funding. We anticipate the following elmements on our page:
* Tag line: Helping great people with great ideas build great companies.
* Flash animation of pictures like we have now (can be smaller)
* Link to "What is DreamIt in 3 minutes" or similar words for a dreamit video (you can see that now on the site)
* Large button or link that says "Apply Now" We will be accepting applications from Innovators (folks that are starting a company), Strategists (business folks that want to join a startup) and Hackers (folks that are developers that want to join a startup). Not sure if the breakdown of the 3 should be on the home page in small letters around/near "Apply Now"
* Link to "The DreamIt Difference" or "Why DreamIt". We will have 3 vvideos that talk to the DreamIt Difference. Could be these videos could be small on the home page or there should be some sort of link to "Why DreamIT' or "The DreamIt Difference" from the home page which takes them to that page.
* Menu items (you don't need to create the other pages now)
Apply (or Apply Now)
Blog and News
* Finally, if it fits, some top stories or new items from our blog that might be just some headlines or other recent news. If it doesn't fit we can always put that on a subsequent page
We have recently run a logo contest and will select our final logo choices shortly. It is down to 2 choices. if you look at contest 13791 (dreamit ventures logo) assume for now it is the top picture in submission #116 we will be using but this may change in the next day or two.
*** Please also keep in mind we are looking to find some good designers and web developers to establish a relationship with for future company activities...which is in part why we are running a contest on this site!