We are a software as a service company designing online solutions for the gas and electric utility industries.
We provide an application called KidsKorner for educating kids about energy online through the local utility company. We have offered teacher tools and kid-friendly information, but are looking to completely revise this application for a 2012 roll out to the utilities and the schools they serve.
A bird's eye view of EnergyTown Kids like those in Farmville or Frontierville:
Components of EnergyTown Kids
• EnergyTownKids Elementary School- energy education, conservation, and efficiency
• Power Station- Hydroelectric Power Generation and how energy gets to the home.
• University or College- Teacher Resources
• Emergency Services- Natural gas and electricity safety
• Nuclear Power Plant- nuclear power education
• Media Center (library)- Visual glossary of terms used throughout the website.
• Accounting Firm- Where kids check out different special purpose calculators we build for dripping faucets, appliance energy use, phantom loads, etc.
• City Arcade- games, puzzles and coloring pages for kids
• Water Works- water conservation and purification
• City Park- Green Power
o Wind Farm
o Solar Panels
o Wave/tidal power
Geared toward United States children Kindergarten through 4th grade or so, 5-10 year olds (elementary or primary school focus).
Want something interesting but not color-crazy. Will animate to some extent as we code it.
Look at the websites we suggested.
We want to move as far away from the present appearance of our current application as we can.
Fun, interactive, engaging, age-appropriate.
Destacado en la lista de concursos lanzados
Hemos encontrado algunos concursos similares que podrían interesarte