Simply described. It is the most social website you have ever seen. Everything can be rated in the forms of 'hearts' and comments can be made which can be driven via facebook, twitter etc. and posted to external sites i.e. pinterest.
1. People are allowed to post their own product ideas. They can attach images, documents to each submission and can edit their 'idea page' freely.
2. People can then vote out of 'five stars' and comment on this persons product idea page.
3. Designers then pitch their own designs against the idea. Subject to the design being good people can comment on those designs, rate them and commit to buy them. Designers set a base fee and a minimum number of 'commitments' i.e 100, 200 etc. that they need to reach for the product to be created. They will also set a time frame for this to be delivered in. The people who committed to the product will then be charged for that product. Within the commit option a customer will state their preferences i.e. colour, size, if clothing.
4. Product designers and manufactures can sign-up to the site. They will have their own seperate page they can publish information about their company/history.
5. The person who's idea gets selected gets 'x%' of the revenue from the product sales.
6. Pinterest style look and feel but with good categorisation. Search functionality should be prevalent, but there should be a separate section where products previously created can be purchased.
There are initial designs attached below.