1. Main landing page. This should be a clean and very engaging home page, featuring many of our most popular designs (obviously getting sales is goal #1 of the site), as well as secondarily keeping users up to date on sales, social networking engagement, etc. The main thrust of this page is just featuring various designs/products available, but I'd like to add in a fair amount of information on the right sidebar without risking overwhelming the user. I want the user to think it looks cool but also find it really clean, engaging, and intuitive.
I have a VERY amateur sketch attached of what I envision the layout being, but you should not feel wedded to that. You guys are the experts as long as the goals above are met. The main differences to the current main page are just:
- Moving the menu on the left side up to the top as a drop down menu (so it should be relatively obvious from their appearance that they can be moused over to make them drop down)...menu items will be "Funny T-Shirts", "Products", "Customize", and "Info"
- Shirt designs in the main content area will be able to be sorted by popularity, price, or latest, and there will also be a drop down box to filter by category. I'd also like to break the designs up every 4 rows or so with some type of deal callout or invitation to join the newsletter, similar to how BustedTees.com does it with a horizontal banner spanning the whole row.
- The new right sidebar will offer different types of engagement, announcing new sales (i.e., 15% off all women's products for 3 days with coupon code WOMEN15 at checkout), invitations to follow us on Twitter/Facebook and sign up for the newsletter for exclusive giveaways and deals, as well as touting some of our other offerings such as fast shipping (orders ship within 24-48 hours) and international shipping to a lot of countries
- The footer area at the bottom will be some of the typical stuff...more call outs to join our Twitter/Facebook/Newsletter, as well as some columns of useful links to navigate the site basically mirroring the menu links at the top of the page.
2. Shirt/Product Page. Once a user clicks on one of the designs from the main page, they will be taken here. Currently we only offer 6 products (3 men's t-shirts and 3 women's t-shirts) for each design, but with the re-design we will now be offering close to 150 products for each design, from a variety of t-shirts, hoodies/sweatshirts, pants/shorts, jackets, bathrobes, towels, hats, etc. So for this page, the user will have to first select which product they want.
Since this is a lot of products, the user has two levels that they can filter products with. First, by department...All; Men; Women; Kids & Babies; Accessories; Fashion Brands; New Apparel. Once they have selected a department, they can then further filter by department category. If they were to select "Men", the department categories available would be...T-Shirts; Long Sleeve Shirts; Hoodies; Zip Hoodies/Jackets; Polo Shirts; Pants/Shorts; Underwear; New Apparel; Eco-Friendly Tees; Fashion Brands; Athletic Wear. I envision this being done with a box with a scroll bar showing pictures of all available products that a user can select from, with two rows of tabs just above it...although I think there's got to be a more visually appealing way to do this than actual tabs, maybe images with text or something, I donno.
Beyond that will just be the usual stuff...depending on the shirt the user will have maybe 1-15 product colors to choose from, pick a size and quantity. The price will be visible somewhere and obviously the "Add to cart" button should be easy to spot.
There should also be social share buttons (Facebook/Twitter/G+) that are engaging and easy to spot. This is an important point because I really want people to share these designs with friends if they like them and want to make it as easy as possible to do.
Below that will be some other recommended designs similar to the one being displayed, and then the usual footer from the main page below that.