Homepage of the inbox magazine HomeHealerToday.com
Agenda: list-building. The purpose of the home page is to:
1. Stand above the informational "noise" through emotional triggers and interrupts. Opening that page should be a WOW! factor evoking curiosity and giving a visitor a strong positive emotional experience like "I am in the right place; I am home; I am safe here; let's play and look what you've got".
2. Motivate and lead a visitor to opt-in.
3. Be remembered through the strong emotionally-colored impression the visitor had first looking at it.
Overall style - warm, inviting, comforting, energizing, in earthy yellow and orange tones with some splashes of green here and there. Mother Earth incarnated. Has to be elegant and flowing. No sharp angles. Brightening their day, being joyful and fun. The sunflower theme.
Home page Elements:
1. Header featuring the logo (attached) on the left and maybe some sunflower-like image on the right.
2. Navigation bar (sample style attached)
3. Opt-in area: large home page image on the left (attached) - opt-in box on the right that will contain a future image of a lead magnet and a text "Get your Complimentary copy of the Home Healer Survival Guide - plus receive our FREE Newsletter"
4. Welcome message area
5. Under that - a Featured Article box.
6. Right Side bar - Hot News area under the Opt-in area; below- video-player; below- Highlights, below (on the bottom of the side bar) - another opt-in box.
These are general ideas and can be modified and moved around. New ideas welcome. Would like to keep the sunflower theme though :-)