Home Page: the purpose is to very, very simply convey what we do, the products and the benefit. Secondarily, it should show that we are living our brand by always listening to the voice of the donor and being the best source for this insight.
We anticipate it having the following content.
1) main nav bar
2) feedback widget (this is one of our products, clicking it launches a pop up window with questions from us soliciting ideas - the ideas can be voted up or down)
3) some sort of graphic or image that conceptually conveys our approach to donor retention, the importance of Commitment to drive donor behavior and the behavior of the org is what dictates Commitment (or lack of it).
4) framed out space to rotate images/text/screencast of our 3 main products
5) wordcloud or other visual display of two different twitter searches, one is "love AND charity", other is "hate AND charity" along with a love/hate count on number of tweets.
6) Poll of week results (not us asking them to fill out a poll). this are poll results from a weekly question we'll ask of donors.
We anticipate two levels for the product page, overview (all together) and the detail (one per page). The one exception to this is the pre-test tool, which can probably be displayed on one page, never shown with other products and not require a sub-page. The powerpoint visual will do best job of visually conveying all this.
we have not thought through the content or design for this at all. There will be a blog, there will be downloadable and viewable resources (e.g. white papers, details from old poll results, other). There will likely be a lab recruitment and update section (maybe "member-only" for the updates).