We are looking to re-develop and rebrand the Marg Morren Team’s website.
The name/branding of the site will change from “The Marg Morren Team” to something else. We have narrowed it down to one of the following possible branding names:
The Marg Morren Group
The Morren Group
Marg Morren & Associates
Morren & Associates
Note: Marg is retiring in a few years and passing the business on to her son. Hence the reason for rebranding to The Marg Morren Group, and also the reason we likely don't want to use Marg's photo in the masthead design on the inside page template. (just a thought)
Just as a point of reference, the site content will remain very similar, however it will be updated and there will likely be more pages on the site.
We are looking for a home page (splash page) design as well as a template or two for all the inside pages. All of the inside pages will generally use the one single template, or at least one common masthead. Some pages will potentially be a 2-column layout, while others may be a 3 column layout.
General Design Considerations:
- When we think about the new site, the following adjectives describe what we are looking for: Classy, upscale, high-end, airy, professional, clean, simple.
- The RE/MAX branding must continue to have a prominence on the site and the font size of the branding of the site (The Marg Morren Group, etc.) must never be larger than the RE/MAX branding (at least in terms of font size)
- Awards, we would like to see Margs Awards used possibly on he home page design? (Lifetime Achievement, Chairmans Club, Remax Platinum Club, Circle of Legends). [Please use newer logos as provided]
- We are looking for a page width of approximately 1000px
- We are encouraging coding to html5 standards and the use of JQuery as opposed to Flash.
Home Page Design Considerations:
- The Award Icons should be present on the Home Page.
- Marg’s photo need not be so big (Perhaps its part of a photo in the slider)
-The Morren Group Brand Logo, REMAX Logo, (balloon or name), perhaps the info about #1 Team
- In fact we are leaning towards a jQuery Slider for the home page that would cycle through a few wide angle shots of Burlington area and/or upscale homes in the area. (we will provide these photos to you for the final round) Have a look at the websites we have suggested as sites you can look at to see the sort of slider we are looking for.
- So if in fact we go with a slider design on the home page, not sure where Marg’s photo will be placed on the page. One possability is part of the content on the lower part of the home page. (See: http://anitabach.com/). Another possibility is that her photo is the first slide in the slider. We are open to suggestions.
Inside Page Template Design Considerations:
- I think we want to limit the animations to the home page only.
- Masthead should include: The Morren Group Brand Logo, REMAX Logo, (balloon or name), perhaps the info about #1 Team, and the 4 social icons mentioned below, small size (perhaps as small as 20x20)
Social Icons: Both the home page and the inside page template should have the following social sharing icons (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube). We prefer them larger on the home page and then a smaller version on the inside pages.