1. center: family picture frame (flickr-style framed slide show)
2. nav bar: icon for energy control
3. nav bar: icon for health snapshot
4. nav bar: icon for calendar/events
5. message area: a) standard message: outdoor temp/indoor temp/set point temp. b) custom message i.e. Charlie's Soccer Game at 4:30pm, Garden watering skipped due to rain yesterday, take 1 Vestril at 6pm after dinner.
revised: i understand that we should keep it to one screen, so the following could be optionally mocked up at the bottom of the screen:
energy control screen:
1. simple adjustments for heat and cool set points
2. simple slider bar like a laptop battery monitor
(more savings <-------> more comfort)
3. 3d bar graph for energy usage over the last 90 days, etc.
health snapshot screen:
1. 3d bar graphs for weight/blood pressure over last 90 days.
2. Medication Reminders for following prescription drugs: (taken/not taken)
3. message center: home health status: excellent: toxicity levels are non-existent.
anything goes here. maybe a day/week/month view with some typical senior citizen events listed... bingo/shuffleboard/swimming/visiting grandkids.