LazyZach was conceptualized to give the college students powerful tools at their disposal to help them make better, more informed decisions to satisfy their various needs while saving them valuable time and money. At maturity (Summer 2011), LZ will be comprised of
• A dedicated for students only job database
• An interactive guide to housing options available around their campus
• A way to order food online
• A platform to facilitate real time communication and collaboration between students in the same class, department or students in similar classes from different universities
• And a few more services
In our beta phase we have launched with only the Jobs section. Once we start seeing some traffic we will release the other sections.
Now in order to ensure that the traffic that does come through in our beta phase, sticks around and spends some time on LZ, the design needs to catch up to the product. That is my immediate need. Students are being told they can find the largest dedicated for students job database in the country here. When they come in, the design needs to tell them the same thing.
The pages that need to be developed are for the master design:
• http://www.lazyzach.com/ - The landing page. It needs to be a lot more gripping that what it is right now.
• Click Get Started Now – And then do general search by putting Austin in the Where box. The page that comes up after this - - http://www.lazyzach.com/job/search/ is the second page that needs to be designed.
Both pages need to be such that it can be expanded to accommodate the other sections like housing, books, course information, etc.