We are looking to completely re-design and replace our current website, which is static and hard to update. We are moving to Joomla CMS and need designs that evoke cutting edge design for media/software company, but with corporate flair for added seriousness.
We are the foremost experts in digital supply chain management and our site needs to convey that. We are not a playful Web 2.0/3.0 startup. Our product is similar to that of a professional software application (FinalCut Pro, Avid, After Effects, Autodesk Inferno) and is not for consumers but rather for enterprise installation or usage. Our audience is Content Centric Businesses: Copyright Owners, Distributors, Licensors, & Syndicators, Post Production & Service Providers, Media Technology Vendors / Value Added Resellers.
Your deliverable is a layered Photoshop file that can be cut and split into regions which we will transform into a template for our site.
Your design may incorporate lots of open space (in white or the current site's dark blue background) and almost no structural pixels to be seen. Big titles, and colorful solid panels are suggested to illustrate and highlight product offerings & content elements that visitors are likely to be interested in.
4. Depth (Transparency or Z Axis).
Overall site elements:
Logo/branding: top left, serves as link back to root
Navigation bar: top of page
Search: top right
Example menubar items:
Page 1: Homepage/Primary landing & entry point -
* Featured element on the main page is to be a CSS-based (not flash based) slide scroller that will feature images that we want to highlight.
* Below the slideshow/scroller will be general marketing copy that highlight our products and solutions
* Designer’s choice: 1, 2, or 3 column layout
Page 2: Content Detail Page
* No slide-scroller dominating the page
* Clean, easy to read, accessible content areas for text, graphics, embedded media.
* Defined heading and body text styles, image borders/padding
* 2 column layout: 1 wide column, 1 slim