We want to create an amazing Profile Page that will make our users really proud of their profiles.
We want this profile page to be something that our users are really proud to share and show off to people. Instead of sending out word document/pdf resumes or their linked in profile, we want them to send out a link to their profile on our site. We want it to look very professional, clean, and also very up-to-date based on current web style. HOWEVER -- it can't look boring. We're in a creative industry so it should have a few design elements or highlights that make it feel "cool" and "creative."
OUR CURRENT PROFILE PAGE
(also see "EXISTING SITE" attachments)
make sure you are logged in first:
Click on "View All Details" to see the expanded view -- meaning the additional info for each credit (where user has decided to enter it). We think that the default view of the profile page should be in "expanded" view as opposed to "collapsed" -- but we would like there to be an option for browsers of profiles to view as "collapsed" as well.
(Collapsed is the current default on Staff Me Up; Linked In uses this "expanded' view as the default -- you can see all of the "job description" details for each position.). However the "expanded" view needs to look much better than it does now.
If you click on the thumbnails in the "mutual connections" sidebar then you will see OTHER examples of profile pages.
The "CREDITS" section of the profile page is very important -- this is where people put their work experience. In the attached mockup I have not styled this section AT ALL -- and it needs some styling!
Note that each Credit has up to 8 pieces of information
(* indicates required):
2) Title of program (+ season)*
4) Program Type*
5) Start and End date*
6) Additional position information (optional)
7) Production company (optional)
8) Job responsibilities (optional)
NOTES ON CREDITS:
- #1 to #6 are the most important pieces of information so they should be presented visually as such. This information (#1-#6) is what should be visible in "collapsed" mode, while ALL of the information (#1-#8) should be visible in "expanded" mode.
- IMPORTANT: This information for each credit can be organized in any way you want -- remember that it is basically a resume so it should not stray too wildly from the way online profiles / resumes look.
- #2 is a HYPERLINK so it must be blue and obvious that it is clickable. The other text is not clickable.
- For your reference, there are 8 different program types: Reality/Doc, Scripted, Film, Event, Ad, Music Vid, Web, Other