GenealogyBank.com is one of the largest online newspaper archives for family history research. We deliver billions of valuable family history records, including historical government documents and a rare, comprehensive collection of newspapers from the 1690s through today.
Our product: online subscription to the collection;
Target audience: US genealogists, US family history researchers (historically, the larger part of the audience was females, 55+).
¿Qué idea tienes, qué estilo te gusta para tu web page?
Redesigned pages (scope of this project: checkout pages) need to:
1) Maintain the sense of continuity compared to the rest of the site;
2) Be easy to read, follow, understand (especially critical due to the median age of our audience: 55+);
3) Be light on text while still communicating the value of GenealogyBank;
4) Noticeable purchase safety & satisfaction guarantees;
5) Acceptable colors: shades of green, ivory, brown, white, lighter shades of grey. Orange and blue are also acceptable in some cases.
6) Source for images: use istockphoto.com for images.
Descripciones de páginas
Please redesign / reformat the following two pages: (1) Account Information Page and (2) Billing Page.
- The ultimate goal for this project is to increase our conversion rate.
- Reduce exit rates from each of these pages, clearly driving people to the next step (& ultimately to the purchase);
- Reduce purchase friction by clearly & concisely communicating strong subscription benefits as well as safety and security guarantees;
- In the result of the redesign each of these two pages need to have a clear (for prospects) purpose as well as strong reasons for them to proceed with the purchase (or to the next step);
- Make the checkout process easy to understand and follow.
Account Information page needs to collect customer information with a purpose to create their account on GenealogyBank.com;
Billing information page needs to collect customer's payment information for us to charge them for subscription.
Again both pages need to provide prospects strong reasons to move to the next step and ultimately to buy the subscription. Please use (1) the attached document 'Why GenealogyBank & user Testimonials', (2) our current pages as well as (3) competitor pages to come up with the final benefit points and copy for both of these pages.
PNG files with images of the current account and billing info pages are attached to this project. You can also navigate to these pages:
1) Go to the following URL: http://www.genealogybank.com/gbnk/?…te=&group=
2) Click on any link on the page to get to the account info page
3) Fill in the form using t90test@mailinator as the email and any first name / last name to get to the billing info page.
Lo que debe evitarse
One page checkout will not be an option at this moment of time. Account information page also serves lead generation purpose at this time.