UPDATE: 2/8/12 (AUS)We have put together a document using google docs to show what elements we like the best so far along with our comments. Please continue to use our original description and this update to come up with your winning design.Click the below link...
Also, we may use a twitter bootstrap theme like this one...
Page Name: Graphic User Interface - Property Dashboard
Page Goal & Description:
This page is only visible to registered users (property owners signed in). This is the page where a property owner (user) will interact with the system to manage their property online. On the property dashboard page the property owner (user) will be able to see an overview of the property they are managing (possibly widgets) along with actions they can choose to perform certain tasks.
Note: The page is not to look overbearing, it is not to confuse the property owner as to what to do next.
The Property Dashboard content will display an overview of the property they are managing. Property owners will be able to see various activity from individual widgets such as latest activity, latest messages, statistics from property advertisements, graphs describing the rent due and rent paid and more. These widgets will be dynamic in size and positioning on the page.
Page Layout / Buttons / Elements
The page layout, theme, buttons / elements could be the same for each page within the GUI.
The following buttons / elements that will be on the property dashboard page and other pages:
- Inbox - please name it ‘MailBox’
- Property selection element - (This will be where a property owner will choose to view a different property within their account).
- User Account settings
- Select dashboard element (This is where a user can select to go to other high level pages within their account, such as the property owner dashboard (where they select to add properties etc), tenant dashboard, master dashboard.
The following buttons / elements that will only be on the property dashboard page:
- Buttons a property owner will select to perform certain functions:
- Advertise property
- Place a tenant
- Property Settings (name it ‘settings’)
and more.. in the future