We are looking to create a template to be given to our web developer, they set up our Retail management system. They charge too much for the service for design and we figured to get the creative work done here on 99designs and hand over the template to them. We did our logo here on 99designs and it was amazing. They said any template format would be ok.
They will have to use their shopping cart:
So, basically this is quite a simple task. No content to be added to this page, just a template to give to our website developer.
About our product:
We sell Olive Oil & Vinegar in our store. Over 41 flavors (20 oils / 21 vinegars). Customers can taste everything in the store before you purchase. Sort of like a wine tasting bar. We sell 2 sizes of bottles: 375ml = $17.99 / 750ml = $29.99. We want to sell our products online in an ecommerce format, but make it look good.
We found a few templates online and want to combine them to make a unique look. After viewing lots of templates, we found these to be what we liked. The home page is sort of squarish, it needs to be more curved to fit the logo (I don’t even know where to put the logo properly). Be creative and think outside the box. If you want to design our look and also do something different, go ahead!!! We will pick the one we like the best. Who knows…there may be a design we like that is not the one we pieced together.
The more designs, the better. We will pick the best one we like. If you want to submit 10, go ahead. You can see which direction we went towards anyway, so I’m sure you can figure out our taste. Good Luck!!!
4 page design: Home, Category, Item & one universal page design for Contact Us, About us, etc.
1. Main page links at the top (appetizers, deserts, etc). We like this at the top, not on the side.
2. Where to put logo???
3. Curved Design instead of all the line sort of design they have. The only reason for this change would be that our logo does not fit with this structure.
4. Colors. Please change background and color scheme to go with our logo
5. Same basic layout
1. Incorporate a block design with all the flavors in alphabetical order. If you think the block pattern does not fit, change it to a curved design. Where the current “Product #” is placed, a flavor of an oil or vinegar can be placed there. All other info can be removed.
2. The top banner on the category page needs to tell you what category your in. ie: olive oil, vinegar, etc
3. I was thinking of 4 columns as it currently is. You can choose to put more or less. Whatever looks better. Olive category will have 25 blocks. Vinegar category will have about 27 blocks. We actually currently have 52 flavors, not just 41.
4. Simple design
1. We really like the http://www.staples.com product page.
2. Branch view on the top
3. 2 prices. 1 for each size. 2 add to cart buttons
4. Youtube clip for each item as the first image. Other pictures below. Also, a user generated image to be uploaded onto that product page. Similar to allrecepies.com, or yelp.com. If this is too much work, then forget it. Don’t you need a database to store it. We have a dedicated server where this will be hosted.
5. Tabs toward the bottom: Product Description, User reviews, etc.
6. The current “Food Online Store” template has a cart on the right hand side. It has a feature for the product to show up there. As soon as the user clicks on “add to cart”, it shows up with the amount in that cart. While its very cool to have this, we need the space on the page. Can you incorporate that same feature with a cart near the basket on the top right hand corner???
We also liked these templates, but thought it didn’t look like an ecommerce website. We love the clean look: