The website is all about finding recipes fast and accurately. The search box should be available on all pages.
On the website all content can be viewed for free, but users can sign up and rate recipes and give their comments. The keyword for this design is: "simplistic design" - we like Google.com for it is simple search engine with a search box and a white background. However we also like the web 2.0 design philosophy with nice big buttons and great colors. We want web 2.0 style - but very simplistic and few basic colors. We have thought about light green, but try to surprise - green can be cool, but other colors can be cooler. Just be creative :-)
The webpage will be entirely ad-funded, so there should be room for advertisements (Google adsense text links and also images).
The website should have the facebook-like-button and also a twitter-button placed in strategic places so people will not miss them.
When you design the pages, please think "simplicity" and web 2.0 - this can not be stressed enough.
1. Simplicity (very >few< colors)
2. Web 2.0 look and feel
3. Content is king, design is just a placeholder - but that placeholder should instantly recognizable.
4. We do not have any images for the recipes at the moment, just a large collection of recipes (text) - so keep that in mind when designing and allow for both scenarious (with / without images)
Will contain the search box and perhaps a little explanation of what wocobook is. We do not want a video that explains the site - it should be clear just by looking at the page. When user clicks search-button the page will refresh/ajax-refresh and populate list of recipes
This is important - we want it the way Google does it, but it just needs to look cooler.
The recipe page:
This is page where all the magic should happen - i.e. users can view the recipe, its ingredients, preparation details and rating (5-stars). This page should also feature a picture (or more) of the recipe. If there is no picture then user will be presented with something like – ”This recipe has no picture – be the first one to take one” and then user should be allowed to upload an picture to recipe.
Below the "recipe details" there should a "comment section" where users can comment on the recipe.
This is the following fields available for a recipe, so please do not include more fields in your design:
* Title (text: e.g. Pizza with tomatoes)
* Description (text: e.g. Put the pizza in the owen and blah... blah..blah)
* Ingredients (list of various things to put in the recipe, e.g. "2 spoons of sugar")
* Servings (number of servings)
* Dishtype (e.g. Pizza for Pizzas, or Salad for Ceasar Salad - basically Dishtype is category)
* Images - there can be multiple images for a recipe.