The Creative Brief and Requirements Specification attached to this contest describe the site and requirements in detail. The descriptions below hopefully give more context to this specific contest:
We are looking for 5 page designs. In general, they are variations of each other. The sitemap in the requirements specification shows all of the pages in the site. This contest is to develop 5 template pages that we can use to build out the sites. The pages we need are:
1. Deljou Art Group Main Page - this is the main business that sells original artwork on canvas, paper etc.. directly to design professionals. This is a homepage type design, with bold imagery showcasing our artwork. It should be contemporary and sophisticated. For design inspiration, please refer to sites in creative brief.
2. Deljou on Demand Main Page - this is a variation on #1. It is a specific line we sell, that are reproductions of our originals. They are printed on canvas and less expensive - but sold to the same design professionals. In its current form, this is also another site, with its own homepage. In the new version, we would also like it to be a different, but also similar thematically to #1. Perhaps different background colors, but similar styles?
3. Public Facing Site - Both 1 and 2 above will be presented as separate sites even though the content is very similar if not the exact same. Both sites will have a login/registration for for the private, account holder portion of the site. This template is an example of either 1 or 2 above, with the form displayed.
4. Account Holder - Image Search Page - this is an example page within the private, account holder portion of the site that it for searching for images. A wireframe of this example is included in the requirements specification.
5. Account Holder – Project Details Page - this is an example page within the private, account holder portion of the site that displays how a data grid or form would be displayed. Everything about this layout should follow 4 above, except for the content area (where you are switching out the image search configuration, for a data grid or form). A wireframe of this page is included in the requirements specification.
The following 5 templates constitute the different template pages needed to complete development of the site(s) which are covered in these documents. It is believed that the two main page designs, incorporating a Coda Slider effect will be minimalist in nature. The other public facing pages on both sites (About, News etc..) will not redirect to new pages, but will be displayed in the same window via the slider. Only the Public Facing Site forms will possibly require page redirects.
Once a user has logged into the Account holder area of the site, there are 4 primary templates utilized. Most of the administration functions are handled via master(grid)-detail (form) views. Because the layout of these forms is very similar (only requiring a data grid vs. a specific form layout), they can use a common template design. The search and image configuration options are different in that an area of the page must be dedicated to allow the user to apply a set of filters or functions to an image or set of images. The requirements document details this internal portion of the site and its functions. Wireframes are provided, and are meant to act as a guide to the functions required on each page – rather than being the absolute page layout.