At the moment MVC website doesn’t offer a good customer experience. Homepage is cluttered and confusing, offers get lost in the amount of deals/ logos we display so we are looking for a full re-design along with all digital features, touch points, digital communication and brand positioning to improve the overall customer experience and site conversion.
The homepage needs to respond well to 3 types of customers – those who know what they are looking for, those who are looking for good offers but not specific brand and those who are looking for an inspiration.
Preferred elements on the homepage:
- big, clear search box to take them straight to the brand they are interested in,
- selection of best offers above the fold, in a simple digestive form, visual to inspire customers but also attractive from a retailer perspective as it will be sold as a paid placement
- inspirations – top categories/ brand with images to engage customers and inspire them to purchase
The style we want to follow is Vouchercodes - https://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/
Their homepage combines well what’s good for the business with what’s good for a customer. It’s easy to navigate and resonates well with all types of customer. Their ‘smart searchbox’ helps customers quickly find what they are looking for. They have a good numbers of offers above the fold to attract those who are just looking for a discount without anything specific in mind. Bottom section is a great inspiration for those undecided.
Growing our database is one of the key objectives for us so the homepage needs to include a clear and simple email sign up from – eg. floating sign up form like http://www.shopstyle.co.uk/
We have also recently launched an improved mobile app and this is something we want to highlight on the homepage. (like http://www.shopstyle.co.uk/)
Current: eg M&S page https://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/ma…er-m-and-s
At the moment our merchant page is a 2-column page with a great number of offers but with no real hierarchy. We want it to be clear and easy highlighting what’s of the best value to customer (hero offer) and the rest of the offers presented in an ‘easily digestive’ way. We would preferably have a single column for offers and the other column for any necessary SEO content and other elements that could be linking internally to inspire customers to browse in case they can’t find what they looked for.
Email sign up & social icons would also be necessary on the page.
The layout we like is Voucherbox’s merchant page https://www.voucherbox.co.uk/vouche…nd-spencer
- The best offer is highlighted
- The single column offer list has a clear hierarchy
- Merchant’s logo is clear and visible on the page
- Offer filter for easier navigation
- The left column is engaging – it encourages customers to browse the site further
We currently don't have a community page - it's a new functionality we are building - it will be called Savvy Savers and it will host forum, blog posts and 'upload a code section' that would allow users add code and offers. The page should increase user engagement with the site and the brand, reduce bounce and increase time users spend on the site. The page should be visual and inspiring.
Content of the page:
• Integrate blog to show popular posts
• Category internal links – same format as in merchant pages
• Tenancy placeholder/s
• Top offers
• Area for money saving guides/infographic
• Area for hub pages and tools
• Upload a code – area for users to add code
• Links to ‘my account’
The page at the moment displays a wide range of restaurants and takeaways offers in a random order. The navigation is difficult due to number of offers on the page and lack of any hierarchy and/ or grouping. There are no filters on the page either.
The page needs to be consistent with the rest of the site but could be more inspiring and visual with food images and offers grouped by type. We could also highlight our top chains we work with for easier navigation for those customers who are after a particular restaurant brand (similar to what deliveroo.co.uk is doing https://deliveroo.co.uk/ )