- The website will be in 3 sections - you will be concentrating on kitchens only.The home page design will be crisp and un-clutteres, with nice use of gradients and an overall professional feel.
A basic logo will be required as part of the design as KBB currently do not have any branding materials.
Your logo can be a basic text based effort. Or if you feel it will benefit the look of your layout, feel free to produce a logo of a higher standard (Which you will win an additional $50.00 for - see below).
Prize for winning home page is $300.00. If you also come up with a good content page I will award an additional $75.00. And also, if the client decides to use your logo as well as your design, you will be awarded an additional $50.00.
The content page should allow for one main image with thumbnails that can be loaded into the same space as the main image!! Also, a small paragraph of text for each kitchens description.
Please use text from other kitchen sites for your design - this will be replaced by the client.
Download sample photographs from here:
- Tagline: Kitchens Bedrooms & Bathrooms
- Style: Crisp, clean, uncluttered & modern
- Accepted File Formats: Layered Photoshop File (PSD)
- Menu: Vertical or Horizontal navigation is acceptable - you choose!
- Colour Scheme: The client has requested cream and red as a
colour scheme but is (thankfully) open to different ideas. I feel
different gray's and blues are nice, but I will leave this choice up to
the designer.Keep it classy, clean, crisp etc...
- Need some inspiration for a colour scheme? Look here: http://kuler.adobe.com/
Website will be in 3 sections:
- 1) Kitchens
- 2) Bedrooms
- 3) Bathrooms
All 3 sections will use the same layout, with different pictures and descriptions. Please concentrate on the kitchen side for this design. Kitchens, kitchens, kitchens... This will be a kitchens only home page.
Menu Options: The following will be part of the main menu: (aside from the main menu or included as part of the main menu, the user should have the option to switch to bedrooms or bathrooms from the kitchens home page).
- 1) Home
- 2) Kitchens
- 3) Surfaces
- 4) Accessories
- 5) Storage
- 6) Bespoke Design
- 7) Appliances
- 8) Showroom
- 9) Project Management
- 10) Contact Us
Sub-menu's (Could be drop down options, or seperate altogether):
- 1) Kitchens - Traditional, Contemporary, Farmohouse, Modern
- 2) Surfaces - Option 1, option 2, option 3 (Up to option 10)
- 3) Accessories - Handles & Knobs, Doors, tiling, lighting