We are a public observatory in the middle of the city Zurich. Our over 100-year -old telescope and our majestic dome create a spectacular atmosphere for the astronomy lectures offered by our demonstrators. We are a nonprofit organization.
We want a completely new web design for our website, which will be used primarily for information and booking purposes for our public and private guided tours. Our target audience includes various interest groups, ranging from students to cultural affineurs, hobby astronomers and school groups. The lectures, guided tours and guided tours for children are our « sales product » and should therefore be in the foreground. These offer exciting and interesting educational entertainment during all weathers. The guided tours are always adapted to current celestial objects and are therefore worth a repeated visit. The monthly special tours are also always a highlight of the Urania Observatory.
¿Qué idea tienes, qué estilo te gusta para tu web page?
Sky colours (black/white/yellow (soft)/ etc.)
Logo to be retained
Design with a few colors; 3-4 (eg. 60% main colour, 30% secondary colour, 10% accent colour)
Not more than 3 fonts (royalty-free fonts)
Max 3 hierarchies/directory levels
Click path length 2-5 clicks
keep http://www.accessibility-checklist.ch/#en in mind, eg, color contrast 4.5: 1, text alternatives etc.
Descripciones de páginas
1. HOMEPAGE with picture(s) of the Urania-Sternwarte, claim to encourage customers to learn more about our tours,
opening hours and button "Tickets & Vouchers" (see eg. http://www.rietberg.ch/de-ch/home.aspx )
sky preview/the night sky over Zurich this week, see eg. on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UraniaSter…048695453/
links to Facebook and Instagram
At the bottom of the homepage a note with logos "Urania-Sternwarte is supported by... ,
2. TOURS & LECTURES: customers learn more about our guided tours and lectures and can buy tickets, check availability for private tours and book them:
public tours Thu/Fr/Sat evening, public special tours about astronomical highlights and special topics, tickets for both available via http://www.eventfrog.ch (direct link to eventfrog to be integrated into our new website) , private tours with calendar and booking form and payment solution
3. EDUCATION & CHILDREN: tours for school groups with calendar, booking form and payment solution, free children tours every first Sat/month 3/4/5pm
4. ABOUT: information about our public NPO observatory, historical building, historical telescope, E-Mail contacts for astronomical enquiries, team, annual reports
5. Get involved: become a sponsor or a member, donation, landing pages for fundraising projects
6. Gift Vouchers: tickets as a gift voucher
Lo que debe evitarse
no sweet pastel colours or bright colours
avoid text accumulations
no dropdown menu