The existing branding does use black background and yellow text and the clients like and would want to retain these as THE main colours.
Again the imagery on the existing site gives a good overview of the images for the physical locations.
The features that we;'d want to retain in the design are:
1. The whole of the top above the navigation bar in the same or similar style (e.g. logo, strap line and branch office contact details)
2. An area for several rotating images, which would link off to internal pages AND space for a smaller video, all above the fold.
3. Big boxes to Link off to the Bristol, Stroud and Gloucester branches (Not Cheltenham) making it clear that they have multiple locations.
4. Bullet points for main features>
5. Down the bottom, use the web 2.0 navigation style, with the addition of things like the opening hours, links of to their Google+ pages, YouTube channel (to be created) and their blog which will be on a separate WordPress installation.