We are looking for the next-generation Deal of the day site. As you might know there are thousands of Deal of the day websites coming out each day, and our aim is to have a website that is fresh, and is different from the rest. The other websites all have a lot of information and links that we believe are unnecessary. They use extremely bright (neon) colours and all look the same, which is something we are trying to avoid.
We want a website that only contains the following information:
The deal of the day
• A heading containing the main information: For Hilton Hotel – 50% discount for 2 nights stay! Or Revlon – 70% of your purchase of Revlon Products
• One picture
• The value, the discount, the amount saved
• The price together with a very inviting Buy sign
• Time left to buy (be creative)
• Details about how many people have bought
• Small (creative) link to facebook,twitter,email to share the deal
• Place for text next to the deal/picture that contain the main important information – The Fine Print and Highlights
• Larger space for text where more information regarding the business presenting the deal can be displayed
• You can include small links for google maps, testimonials, links to the business’s website somewhere
Previous deals (no more than 6)
• Short description as a heading – Using the examples above – only Hilton Hotel and Revlon
• A smaller picture.
• Price, discount ,saving
• Buy sign (does not necessarily have to look the same as the Deal of the day sign)
• Time left
Other information needed
The Website will be called Deal of the Day with a link to another 2 pages, called “Stay of the Day” and “Stay2Day”. The main heading “IE Deal of the Day” and the smaller link to the “stay of the day” and “Stay2Day” must look similar. Please be creative with how it is displayed and written.
We will have one main sponsor for the website. Without taking away too much shine from the Deal of the Day, please include an example of how the sponsor’s advertisement would be displayed – this is a key part of the website. This does not have to be a banner! Be creative.
The top of the website would contain the following: Deal of the Day, Previous Deals, Contact US, How this Works, Sign up, Login
The bottom – terms and conditions, About Us, FAQs, Security & Sitemap
We do not want any creative background image. We want one uniform colour.
Keys to success:
• Website should be clean and clutter free. Users should only see what they need to see.
• Website must be new and fresh – don’t try to copy what has already been done. We are looking for something unique, which we realize is a big ask, but you will be rewarded for you work. In the near future, we will require the rest of our website (this is only a small section) to be developed, and naturally we would use the same design for the rest of the multiple pages that we need to created.
• We want you to use Pastel colour for the general colour scheme of the page (the text, the background etc),. For an example please refer to carsonified.com http://carsonified.com. Click on the different headings at the top. This is exactly the colour schemes that we want for our website. We very much like the colour (pastel) and they work well together.
• Text – We love the Text on the page http://carsonified.com/projects/ - IE the “we love to experiment, experiment, make, create”. This could even be used to write “stay of the day” and “deal of the day” if you don’t have any interesting ideas for writing the logo. We also think the Cream colour of the text goes very well with any of the background colours.
• The integration of the sponsors logo – unfortunately we don’t know the sponsor yet, but because we have uniform background color, we can maybe amend this to fit in better with the logo of the sponsor. Any interesting ideas for incorporation the sponsor logo without taking the shine away from the main deal of the day would be very much appreciated.
If it all seems too much, don’t worry, just give it a go, as we will be providing daily feedback on all the designs to guide you through the process.
Thank you very much, and good luck!