1. Home Page: Currently we have a typical blog layout. We're looking to upgrade the site to have more of an editorial type layout. One of our main competitors has this: http://thekrazycouponlady.com. However, we really want to focus on a clean, simple design. We don't want any of the frilly stuff, or too much smashed into a small location. Less design is More, is the approach we'd like to take. But consider all the content, we have & that we need a smart usability layout. Here are the different sections that we'll need included on the home page:
A. Featured Deals: We currently have this at the top of our site, we'll still need a location in the new design.
B. Newsletter Signup: We will be changing out the free eBook offer for a 7 day email course with this new updated design.
C. Beginners Section (more discussed in #2)
D. Blog Posts
E. DIY Type Posts
*We do want to have a template that would allow us to add more sections as needed with future updates.
2. Beginners Section: the best layout section that I'm looking at is something like this: http://www.seomoz.org/resources, here are content/layout ideas from the other coupon site: http://thekrazycouponlady.com/beginners/
I will upload a text document with the 6 different columns we'd like to add to this page, as well as the categories that will go under each column.
- For the 'Coupon Community' column: I'd like to have it like the rest, but have an overlay saying 'Coming Soon' as we don't have these sections fully developed on the site yet.
- We do want to have icons for each of these columns. Also for the stores section, we'd like to include all their icons so users can easily identify with the store.
- Other than this, I want to leave this a little more open to your ideas on how to best display this area?
3. Tag Pages: For every tag on our site, we want to have a layout similar to this: http://screencast.com/t/BzqV1L0jhH where we will have a section at the top that will give info about the tag, as well as having share options. Below this top section will be the regular posts from that tag item.