Page 1) Admin Welcome Page:
This is the first page that appears to the user after logging in. The user should see the basic information described below in a clean, simple format.
1. Welcome “School Name” and Logout link at the top right of the page.
2. Newest students section where 3,4, or 5 new students are showcased.
3. Favorite Candidates Section: Area where officials can see student profiles they previously flagged indicating an interest.
4. Google map: A Google map of China showing pins indicating the location of all our current students in the Foreign App database.
5. Current Students in Database Counter: A counter showing the number of students they can find with the Foreign App database. This should look similar to a website hit counter.
6. News feed section from ForeignApp where we can post updates about our service.
7. A large “Search for Students” button or icon that links them to the next web page.
Page 2) See All Students Page:
This is the main page where an admission official can search from all students in the database to find those that meet their requirements. Characteristics of this page include:
1) A narrow your results section: On the left hand side of the screen the user needs to use sliders, check boxes, and drop down menus to narrow down the number of students to those that meet their criteria. The user needs to search based on the following characteristics.
1. By Degree Seeking: High School, BA/BS Degree, MA/MS/PhD (Check Boxes)
2. By major: Art, Science, English, Math, Ect (Drop down menu)
3. SAT Score: (Slider)
4. PSAT (Slider)
5. TOEFL Score (Slider)
6. Male/Female/Either (Radial Buttons)
7. Gao Kao Score (slider)
8. By Province (Drop down menu)
9. By Municipality (Drop down menu)
2) The display area of the screen should be laid out in a grid. Each section of the grid will have the student’s photo, name, country, and city.
3) Website that present the above information in a similar manner:
Page 3) Profile Page:
The goal of this page is to showcase each individual student profile. This page should be used to quickly communicate the student’s basic information. It should be similar to a dating/facebook/keva profile.
At a minimum, the user should be able to view the following student profile information:
1) full name
2) preferred name
3) country of birth
4) date of birth
5) map of china showing where they live
6) academic interest
7) test scores
8) special honors
10) work experience
11) short writing examples
12) a video of their special abilities
13) Links to their resume, school transcripts, Essays
14) Button or icon to save this student as a “favorite candidate”
15) Button or icon to accept this student to their university
Use the following links for inspiration:
Naturally, all three pages should be cohesive in terms of colors, headers, etc. Our current website will most likely be redesigned this year so don’t feel as if you are committed to the themes or layouts you currently see there. Use it only to understand the basic premise of our company.
In terms of design preferences, we prefer the color blue, but are open to any great designs and coordinating colors. Do Not use the "chat bubble" in our logo in your design. We prefer a clean, professional, even Web 2.0 feel, but without being too “new ” or “artistic”. Websites that represent the clean, professional, web 2.0 look we prefer include:
Our users are university admission officials who are normally older, well-educated, and have fairly basic web skills. They are not early adaptors. Stick to designs that once live, reflect current best practices that these potential users would be familiar with through use of websites such as Netflix, Amazon, and Gmail.