The general feel of the homepage should be professional, clean, uncluttered and modern. The structure should be easy to adapt to mobile devices.
The homepage must have the logo as well as our slogan:
"We take the work out of networking."
The homepage should capture the attention and leads the user directly to the main topics (need to stand out) which should extend navigation options (e.g. Under "About US" a list of links should extend such as "Our Mission", "Who We Are" etc. ):
- About Us
- GABA Events
- GABA Membership
- GABA community
It should also feature the following items
- An slide show area where featured pictures/ videos scroll through. It should be big and in middle of focus. Could be the background as well. Feel free to use picture from our flickr account at http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaba_ca/sets/
- An area of latest news/ tweets / featured upcoming event
- an smaller area for Premium member logos (can be a rotating area like the current website). Please just put the logo of Gordon Biersch as place holder for now.
- Link to Membership directory, could be right below the premium member logos.
- A row of icons to follow us on Social Media (FB, LinkedIn, Twitter, Flickr, Yahoo group) and to subscribe our mailings
- A row of industry groups, could be icons:
Entrepreneurs & VC
Media & Entertainment
Semiconductor & IT
Women in Business