We're looking for a funky and modern web 2.0 type design to appeal to a demographic of mainly 18-30 year olds. One of the sites main functions is to allow the user to filter and refine the list of top venues displayed to them based on their needs, drill into more detailed venue information and submit comments/ratings within the main page. Hence the design needs to support this by clearly guiding user interaction. The intent is that the average user will stay on the main page for the majority of functionality.
Detailed page description are covered below where we define the main elements we would like to see on the pages. Also note that the 'websites for inspiration' section details visual elements from other sites that we would like to use as inspiration for our design.
Page 1 - Main page
Shows the main navigational items, Partymate logo/title, top 10 venue listing as well as filtering buttons (cities, bar categories), top venues from the past week, and links to recently added articles.
Menu - Vertical menu running across the top of the page that is visible on each page. (Refer to websites for inspiration #1 for navigation bar we like). Contains the following links:
- Login/Signup buttons
- Partymate logo/title graphic
- What’s hot now - list of top 10 venues at the current point in time, ranked 1 to 10 (refer to design #2 for how we would like to display the top 10 items) with a visual popularity meter of some kind (think fuel guage, speedometer, bar chart, stars) - refer to current design for an idea of how we're currently doing this. Each venue within the top 10 listing should have it's full name displayed (eg. "Bob's bar and grill"). These top 10 items need to be user clickable and expand to a detailed view of the venue information (which is the content of the second page design). The fact that this item is clickable should be very obvious to the user.
- Geographic filter - Some buttons that filter the venues that are shown on the front page, these are based on City names (Eg. Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
- Category filters - Some buttons that filter the types of venues that are shown on the front page (eg. Club, Bar, Event, Restaurant, Other)
- Last 7 days - a small section that shows the top venue for each of the last 7 days (eg."Monday - Bob's Bar and Grill")
- Articles - A list of the titles of 5 or so most recent articles
- Other various features that we'd like to see if they can be neatly integrated into the design
- A recent activity bar/section that displays a shortlist of the most recent user comments, ratings, or venue movement in the rankings to add the social element to the website
- Available in the iPhone app store button
- Facebook style Facetile of currently logged in users or recently contributed users
- Static Tagline - Since October 2010
Page 2 - Venue Expanded Page - Viewable within main site (eg. "Bob's bar and grill")
Clicking on one of the venues listed on the main page should present an in-page detailed view of the particular venue. Note that the design we've visualised would entail a ajax type popup that expands to the majority of the page (refer to websites for inspiration #5 and #6 of the rough idea we're going for) with the background becoming dimmed or darkened, though we are open to ideas on how to present this data. The section should display the following elements:
- Venue name
- A bar graph illustrating the Venue's increase in popularity over time (refer to current design)
- Contact Details
- Inline Google map
- List of user submitted comments with user's graphic next to them
- A user rating of the venue
- The ability to rate the venue, eg. an itunes style song rating
- The ability to submit a comment against the venue