We are looking for new crisp and light front end to the http://www.radaris.com web application.
1) See our current front end, features are consistent
2) Logo can be slightly redesigned if desired (need high rez version)
3) The page size is extremely important do to load-time & speed
4) Needs to be very light on images, with lots of empty white space, use color blocks not images where possible.
5) Review competitors for ideas on UI
6) Please be creative!
7) Budget of $200 for istock photos etc if needed
8) We like tabbed search options, but open to ideas
9) available on Skype for clarifications, etc
10) HTML / CSS not expected, but please leave comments if you are available to integrate your design.
Please read Press Release (attached) to learn more about the vision and goal of the Web Application.
Thanks and Good Luck!
11) local job in Boston is unrelated to this contest. See:
If you can attend in person.
12) Website receives about 200,000 Visitors per DAY - your design will be used by MILLIONS of people per year.
13) several have offered to do HTML/CSS coding in addition to design - please specify - contest does not require it.
14) I will be guaranteeing the prize $ shortly.
15) We have international domains as well - slight variations on theme: radaris.asia, radaris.de, etc
16) contest was for basic theme, but we also need a layout of the interior page, with content boxes, etc - open to creative ideas, see current layout on results page, and those of competitors.
17) after seeing a few versions, I may have mis-led with the "all white concept" colors are entirely up to you, the designer... however, we need the page to be very image-light given high traffic - I'll be very specific with the file-size of the .psd and html/coding set - so please add in comments if you can accommodate and work to assure images used will use minimal actual images and make use of background colors - you should have a better idea how to do this than me.
18) feel free to suggest additional logo concepts - current logo is in use, but the corporate ID kit is just getting developed.
19) we like some of the tabbed options - KISS = keep it simple stupid - no busy homepages. think Google & Craigslist.
20) I'll likely show the current pool of design & feedback to everyone as the contest nears the end.
21) We'll be extending the contest to give people some time to follow up on specific feedback - great work so far!
22) Many designs use our website for ideas - please ignore current website... think of new features YOU think you be included on homepage...and landing page...phone number search, etc... space for advertising banners...etc
23) Landing Page also needs same layout - specify that you can assist to
24) Bottom should have some key stats, these will be animated in real-time to match our database by our programmers, similar to:
flippa.com or http://badoo.com
People Profiles = 10,GRAPHIC,01
Daily Searches = 10,GRAPHIC,02
Profile Updates = 10,GRAPHIC,03
25) Bottom footer should have "As Seen in" section with logos, similar to:
Please do google search to find our press coverage, BusinessWeek, Yahoo Finance, etc
26) Current Tabbed search does not explain needs well enough, will upload a document to explain better.
27) we like background image showing a lot of real people faces...small icons (no children at all please) no offensive photos, a collage would be nice, shaped maybe like the USA. behind search graphic
28) We are very happy with some entries - will extend by a 1-3 days at least to work through some mods.
29) uploaded a "tabs" file - notice that I see a beta version of the site differently than you do... we need a method of "layering" these different search options... see comps below. Creativity welcomed. Roll-overs, etc.
30) Searchbox + Navigation should also exist in LANDING PAGE as well
31) I extended contest a few days and added some $
32) Still not seeing an understanding of a tab concept from any submissions... basically - a user can search by 8 different methods (what are they searching for) - under these 8 search options - then there's the 5 different data entry methods (name, email, phone, SSN, address, social profile, etc)... basically, first what does the user want to search for, then what does he or she know about the person...
Similar to this, but we want a BETTER way of graphically representing this to our users...some creative AJAX - front end tools, hovers, or something...
So there's two levels of search on the same box... i don't really like drop downs, or having a page too busy with numerous search boxes... hoping for better ideas
33) please let us know if you can do the landing page design, landing page will be same header as homepage, and/or html coding as well - we have a team of 5 software engineers / web developers to assist you - but expect your help through the skinning/implementation process.
34) as above, landing page should have same header as homepage - so initial design must merge well to interior pages - if you are not providing two pages, please think ahead, as someone will need to do so
35) We also need a tab for "Who's Searching for Me?" or other creative ways...
Please create an account here:
Come up with a way to present this data
Top Right =
Login | Join | My Account | Watch List
See this comp: http://www.mylife.com