Like all great blogs, the site should, well, not look like a cookie-cutter blog. This should look like an awesome stand-alone content Web site. It just happens to be built on WordPress.
Think of this site as *the* destination for all things bugs. Imagine that you are a parent and you want to go to fun web site and share bug-related information with your children - what would you want the site to look like?
Imagine that you wanted to get great ideas for bug-related gifts - what sort of site would give you confidence that you are dealing with the true experts on bugs and that your kids will love the products?
Required Communication Elements:
The goal of the site is to build a community of people passionate about bugs. This will likely be a combination of parents and kids. As such, from a marketing perspective, I want to develop ways to communicate with the community. Communication elements should include:
* A prominent "sign up for weekly email" capture form. This needs to be built with a Wordpress widget that allows for email capture and CAN-SPAM compliance. This can probably be prominently shown in the header, as seen on this site: http://www.ppchero.com
* A prominent RSS feed logo and working link
* All posts should have social sharing links - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, etc.
* Comments should be powered through Facebook Connect
* On the right rail, 4 125X125 boxes for advertising
* Blogroll on right rail
* Twitter feed on right rail
* Contact us and About Us info on the right rail