Since this will be a one-page WordPress theme; most of the content will be concentrated on the homepage (one-page template).
Homepage Sections (In no specific order)
• Header/Navigation – This will be the site-wide header and display the logo/site name and navigation menu. Should also include a search icon, shopping cart icon and design for a drop-down menu.
• Welcome/Hero – This section will include title, tagline and 1-2 buttons.
• Key Features/Benefits – This section will display a grid of features or benefits with icon, title and description
• Center Showcase (text, image, text) – This section will display an image or illustration in the center with several titles and descriptions to the left and right. It can be used to highlight certain features or benefits of a product or service.
• Right Showcase – The same as above except with only 1 side of text and the image aligned to the right.
• Testimonials – This section will display quotes from clients and include their name, position/title, photo.
• Pricing Tables – This section will display 3 pricing tables
• Ecommerce (Woocommerce) – This section will display 1-2 rows of products.
• Brands/Logos – This section will display a row of images.
• Call to Action – This section will display a title, sub-title and button as a call to action (buy this, sign up, free trial, etc)
• Newsletter – This section will display a newsletter signup form.
• Latest Tweets – This section will display the latest Tweets from a specified Twitter handle.
• FAQ – This section will display FAQ’s in a grid or list view.
• Support – This section will display an icon, title and description for various ways a client can get customer support (email, support forum, live chat)
• Instagram – This section will display the latest photos from a specified Instagram user
• Portfolio/Photo Gallery – This section will display a grid of photos for users to display their latest work or projects.
• Video – This section will display some text with a play button which will trigger a popup where a Youtube or Vimeo video will play.
• Contact – This section will display a contact form, as well as address, telephone number, email, social icons, etc.
• Google Maps – This section will display a Google map of a specific address.
• About – This section will display general information about the business or individual
• Skills – This section will display skills of a business or individual
• Stats – This section will display numbered statistics
• Team – This section will display the company employees or team members of a project and include their photo, name title/position, job description, social media links
• Timeline – This section will display a timeline with specific points or dates
• Blog/Latest Posts – Display the latest posts from the blog
• Footer – This will be a site-wide footer which will display various widgets as well as copyright information and social network icons/links
Single Post Page - This is the standard WordPress page for single posts.
Needs to include,
• Site-wide header
• Style Guide
• Comment form
• Author profile
• Post navigation (previous/next)
• Related Posts
• Right Sidebar with standard widgets (Search, Recent Posts, Categories, Calendar, Tags Cloud, Text Widget, Image Widget, Gallery Widget)
• Site-wide footer
I like how Medium has designed and structured their single post pages, I’d like to emulate that if possible. Theirs doesn’t have a right sidebar, but we will have the option in our theme to display posts with or without a right sidebar. I like the fact they use a slightly larger and different font for the post content as it makes it easier for readers. The Style Guide should be added to the main content area of the page and should include design/styling for heading titles, right aligned images, left aligned images, blockquote, pull quote left and pull quote right, dropcap, table styles, code formatting, ordered lists, unordered lists. Here is an example, http://dev.ivgserver.com/serenity/style-guide/
Example Medium Single Post Page: https://medium.com/flightlist/fligh…61d1865d5f